Nvidia 417.22 Driver

Labroisse

So last week I tried to fly ROF Thursday night but the game kept crashing.  I finally narrowed it down to the new Nvidia driver, 417.22.   For anyone having trouble with this driver, ROF will work if the "full screen" box is unticked.

Although this driver seems to have good performance in other games, lack of full ROF compatibility is a no-go for me so back to prior version.

Ferd

Geez, at some point a long time ago, I had the same issue, after some update (game or driver, I can't remember which).

SOMEBODY (seems like either Butzzell, Snaggle or Vonrd) gave me the solution, and it was something pretty simple, changing one setting, then suddenly full-screen mode worked fine again.  Couldn't be as simple as running as administrator?  Man, it seemed so logical at the time, and I can't even remember it now.

EDIT: I think maybe, run in compatibility mode for: Win 7 (?)  Properties > Compatibility > Compatibility Mode

Win 7 works for me since then.

I ran 417.22 Saturday FiF with no issues.

Geez, at some point a long time ago, I had the same issue, after some update (game or driver, I can't remember which).

SOMEBODY (seems like either Butzzell, Snaggle or Vonrd) gave me the solution, and it was something pretty simple, changing one setting, then suddenly full-screen mode worked fine again.  Couldn't be as simple as running as administrator?  Man, it seemed so logical at the time, and I can't even remember it now.

EDIT: I think maybe, run in compatibility mode for: Win 7 (?)  Properties > Compatibility > Compatibility Mode

Win 7 works for me since then.

I recall that also but don't recall what it was.