FiF 2019 Winter Campaign

Butzzell

S! All

We are getting things ready for a Dry run on 26 January 2019 at the usual time.

Information about planes, maps, rules, schedule   etc.

The JG1 server will be running a practice map on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. This will allow people to get familiar with the map and planes. The in game start time is 13:45. If you get on the server and there is not enough time to do the mission you want, you can restart the mission by killing a balloon at the two seater base.

Saturday after FiF, Sunday, Monday until 9 pm Eastern North American time and Wednesdays, the JG1 server will be running a Flying Circus program.

• 2 weeks later...

S! All

This Saturday, 26,January, 2019, there will be a Dry Run for Flanders in Flames Winter campaign. It may be Winter but the map is set to summer. Blue team starts as Central. Red team starts as Entente. Because this is a Dry Run, there is no death penalty other than the usual 5 minutes before you fly again.

Special features for this campaign:

Central will be using the W-12 float plane for spy pick up.

The Spy may be on a submarine in the large northern bay.

The Spy plane can land along the coast line or rivers on the Central side to complete the mission. He does not need to return to an active base.

Instead of flak units along the Central coast, there are German Cruisers.

The flak fence in NML has been changed to machine guns. 1 km  is still the recommended altitude for crossing the front.

As usual the General Capture and Spy plane can return to anywhere in friendly territory to complete their mission.

The Prisoner Rescue plane must return to an active friendly airfield.

• 2 weeks later...

S! All

Session one got off to a rocky start because I had corrupted the server file somehow. Fixed now.

Blue team had a problem with the rescue mission. When completed, it did NOT give a secondary. Well the mission is perfect. Naturally. I flew the mission and NO secondary. I slapped the guy around and he would not talk. I looked the mission over. The trigger for the complete subtitle also activates the secondary mechanism. Not only is there a single trigger but there is a backup. I replaced the primary and backup and it works fine. ( famous last words )

Red team had a secondary subtitle with the correct name of the town but the wrong sector location. Corrected.

Entente airbase at Firnsted is placed close to some trees. People were spawning in the trees. The base was moved forward. The shadows look strange but it works.

m2.jpg

Next- I found some invisible object at Sole Street airfield. It took quite a while to fully locate the entire anomaly. I was eventually able to mark the invisible structure and move the airbase. Do not fly near the water towers.

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

S! All

We have gone through the first half of phase A. Now we switch sides. Blue team will fly Entente and Red team will fly Central.

Please remember FE2b is allowed two guns up front. The Roland and W-12 are not allowed two guns in the rear. Only one gun for the back seat.

We have seen some glitches where a secondary mission is not activating. I have checked, checked and re-checked. No explanation.  Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

S! All

Congrats to Blue team on their victory in phase A !   icon_e_salute.gif

The early plane set is always a challenge. We had some very good fights.

In session 4, the Red team had two planes hit invisible objects. One was found at the hangars of the airfield for Prison 1 on the Entente side. Still trying to find the other object.

Now it is time for phase B ......... new planes, new challenges!

S! All

We are in phase B. Our first session was very exciting. The fight at the end was epic- planes everywhere. More like the battle of Midway with both teams throwing planes at each other. Unfortunately with that many planes all in one place there were several collisions. I am sure there are people on both sides that think some of it was intentional. It is easy to say that it takes two to tango. That is not always the case. Planes get damaged. Pilots get wounded. Wings hide other planes. Someone has a higher ping. Shit happens. I would hope no one is intentionally ramming another pilot. That is just poor sportsmanship. The goal is to have aerial combat not bumper planes.

Be that as it may, a JG1 pilot made a comment in open chat. That is unacceptable and against the rules. He has been admonished. 

If any pilot feels that another pilot has violated one of the FIF rules, or has acted in manner that is not in the spirit of FIF, he should wait until the session is over and report the incident to his team commander.

Just a reminder. All 2 seaters may have just one gun in the rear. Likewise, be careful with the Halb Cl.II. It is allowed only one gun in the front. Do not use 2 guns on the front of the Halb Cl.II

• Limit two-seaters to their default armaments, with one or two forward-firing machine guns and only one rear-firing machine gun.

The W12 had two guns front because that was the default and could not be changed. The default for the Halb Cl.II is only one gun.

OK now lets go out there and kill each other !

• 2 weeks later...

S! All

Only one more session. We have had some very good fights. Unfortunately in the heat of battle things can get out of hand. We have seen some unfortunate things said in chat. This is not good sportsmanship. Accusations in open chat are not acceptable. Participants engaging in this behavior will be sanction according to the rules and code of conduct. If you have something that needs attention please go through your team commander