programs for creating skins

AngryGoat

I use Photoshop CS2 which is old but works well for me and it's free:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

There is a disclaimer:

"Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems; Adobe no longer supports them.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. Only customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products may use the serial numbers provided during the download."

So... use your discretion.

GIMP is the other choice and it works just as well. Here's the link on the BOS forum:

Either way you will need to convert what you make (.bmp file) to .dds file. 

I use a program called Dtxbmp for single files:

and Convimx for batch conversion (I use this mostly):

I can help on TS if you need.

So... use your discretion.

GIMP is the other choice and it works just as well. Here's the link on the BOS forum:

I use GIMP for painting cars, I really like the program and it was easy to learn!!, YouTube is a wonderful thing! :lol:

thanks you guys. i'm gonna download the GIMP tonight and i'll try my hand at some custom paint schemes. once I do get a hang of the paint brush... who do I send them to in order to make it jg1 official? klaiber? or vonrd I know you did my dr1 skin(still in love with that beautiful beast). should I send them to I? I mean it's a little ways down the road. I still need to perfect so no rush on a response.