Monkee's application

Monkee

Hi everyone, I'm interested in flying war planes in a realistic squadron to learn the proper manoeuvers and tactics of the different eras.
I'm new to the online world of combat flight sims and a recent adept of flight sims in general. I am interested in the historical part of aviation as much as in the flying part itself.
I started my journey with Rise of Flight and Flying Circus in solo but I'd like to go further and try multiplayer. I'd like to learn in a squadron so here I am. :)

• What is your Timezone?

I'm in GMT+1 (Paris Time Zone).

• Do you have a joystick or HOTAS?

Yes I have a HOTAS and rudder pedals.

• Do you have TeamSpeak and Discord installed, as well as a working microphone?

Yes both of them.

• Do you have VR, TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control?

TrackIR for the moment and I hope VR sometime soon when the next generation of headsets drops.

• What sims are you currently flying?

Rise of Flight and Flying Circus

• How did you hear about JG1?

I read the thread "Active Central Power Jastas and Entente Squadrons" on the IL2 forum and chose JG1 because you fly war planes from WWI to the Cold War, and I'd like to slowly discover each era of air warfare over the years.

• Is there anything else that you'd like us to know?

Nothing in mind, I await the interrogation. :D

S!

Hello Monkee, welcome to our Group!

I'm part of european JG1 group and very happy to see new pilots in the same timezone 😉 Rise of Flight is not flewn anymore with us, currently we fly Il2 WW2 scenarios most times, anyhow some of us (including myself) are also happy to jump into Flying Circus more frequently again 🙂

Looking forward to see you in skies soon

Salute

Etzel

(located in Austria and I am happy to have another pilot with us to tell how all of those frensh villages and cities are pronounced correctly 😜 )

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
@Etzel, I can't wait to fly the wooden crates with you! I will have to google some of the village names in the north east because I might not know the right pronunciation myself! 😄

@Britchot, that would be a great pleasure. My objective is to progressively leanr to fly more recent planes and the Mirage are definitely on my list. I promise to swear in French on the comms for more immersion. 😅

On 12/21/2022 at 8:58 PM, Monkee said:

Hi everyone, I'm interested in flying war planes in a realistic squadron to learn the proper manoeuvers and tactics of the different eras.
I'm new to the online world of combat flight sims and a recent adept of flight sims in general. I am interested in the historical part of aviation as much as in the flying part itself.
I started my journey with Rise of Flight and Flying Circus in solo but I'd like to go further and try multiplayer. I'd like to learn in a squadron so here I am. :)

• What is your Timezone?

I'm in GMT+1 (Paris Time Zone).

• Do you have a joystick or HOTAS?

Yes I have a HOTAS and rudder pedals.

• Do you have TeamSpeak and Discord installed, as well as a working microphone?

Yes both of them.

• Do you have VR, TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control?

TrackIR for the moment and I hope VR sometime soon when the next generation of headsets drops.

• What sims are you currently flying?

Rise of Flight and Flying Circus

• How did you hear about JG1?

I read the thread "Active Central Power Jastas and Entente Squadrons" on the IL2 forum and chose JG1 because you fly war planes from WWI to the Cold War, and I'd like to slowly discover each era of air warfare over the years.

• Is there anything else that you'd like us to know?

Nothing in mind, I await the interrogation. :D

S!

Welcome! We have an active Flying Circus group in the US on Tuesdays 2100 ET (0200 UTC) but that might be a bit late for you. We sometimes have events on Sat/Sundays also, and I am often available at earlier times during the week if you want to fly some "wooden crates" together :)

If you like aviation history, I recently read the book "The First Fighter Pilot" about Rolland Garros and it's an amazing account of his life and life in Paris in the early days of flight.