Device Manager Security Devices issue

Vonrd

I just noticed this and I'm not sure how long it's been going on. PC seems to be running fine. Google search found that updating / flashing the BIOS might fix it. Others said they had to do a fresh Windows 11 install. Anyone have ideas?

DeviceScreenshot 2024-01-21 134741.png

29 minutes ago, Moxy said:

Von

Thats the TMP thing on your mother board that you need to have for win 11 (the "is your comp hardware ready for win 11').

Its an encryption gizmo, $30 for one....somewhere you can probably bypass it......Bios.

You lost me there. Hope to talk to you on Discord for clarification. It doesn't seem to be having any negative (or positive) issues currently. Should I talk to Gigabyte (my Mobo mfg) about it?

Regarding TPM, in "Device Security" mine is Spec version 2.0:

1. If you see an option for Security processor details under Security processor, select that and verify that your Specification version is 2.0. If it is less than 2.0, your device does not meet the Windows 11 requirements.

I don't think that is the issue. I think it's a BIOS firmware issue. I'm just a bit leery of flashing the BIOS.

Flashing the bios on your new system, should be a cake walk. New MB's have a bios flash button on the back, at the connectors.

Also usually one can flash the bios, through windows, with a flash program. The only thing, it probably will flash to default setting's, (not sure these days).

I know your on AMD, but since a bios is the MB'S OS, cant figure AMD is too different from Intel.

See ya soon........Mox