What are you guys listening to?

Klaiber

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's really nice, Firefly!  Never heard that before.

The only East German music I know is the soundtrack to Das Unsichtbare Visier (The Invisible Visor), which I listen to every once in a while.

For people who've never heard of it, Das Unsichtbare Visier was East Germany's James Bond: https://www.thevintagenews.com/2015/12/07/3935

I did not know that Klai.  I knew that Beard and Hill were already playing together when they got together with Gibbons.

Gibbons was playing in a band called the "Moving Sidewalks" in the late 60's.  Sounded NOTHING like what they would become.  I recall picking up an album called "Flash" thinking  "cool, Gibbons early stuff!"    It was awful.

When I had first heard that acoustic version a few months ago, I was instantly surprised at how regretful (perhaps sad) the lyrics actually are.  Like in the second verse - "Slowly learning that life is okay..."

Truthfully, I never paid attention to the meaning.  The '80's synth pop was too contagious.  It really is a great sad song sung to happy music.  Kind of like Hey Ya! by OutKast.  Once you hear it without the R&B beat, it starts to click:

versus

The wife is a huge theater fan.  She went to see Hamilton during the original run on Broadway but I couldn't go due to work, regrettable actually.  But, although I'm not the biggest fan of musical theater, I have to say the Hamilton soundtrack is exceedingly good.   I read the book about Hamilton that inspired the musical, and it makes the songs all the more meaningful.  Anyway, here are two of my favorites from the soundtrack  (the lyrics in You'll be Back are hilarious, King George singing about the revolt in the colonies):

Not sure if this is too much for people (ears bleeding), but here's my submission for the day:

This Arizona band has been described as "technical thrash which tended to suffocate listeners."  I've also heard people say Atrophy was fundamentally averse to any sort of melody.

However, Puppies and Friends is probably my favorite song by them.  And it easily has one of the best solo breaks that I've heard in the thrash genre (@1:30).  At least that's my opinion.

For other metal fans, I'd be curious what you think.