Klaiber

What are you guys listening to?

The wife is a huge theater fan.  She went to see Hamilton during the original run on Broadway but I couldn't go due to work, regrettable actually.  But, although I'm not the biggest fan of musical theater, I have to say the Hamilton soundtrack is exceedingly good.   I read the book about Hamilton that inspired the musical, and it makes the songs all the more meaningful.  Anyway, here are two of my favorites from the soundtrack  (the lyrics in You'll be Back are hilarious, King George singing about the revolt in the colonies):

Not sure if this is too much for people (ears bleeding), but here's my submission for the day:

This Arizona band has been described as "technical thrash which tended to suffocate listeners."  I've also heard people say Atrophy was fundamentally averse to any sort of melody.

However, Puppies and Friends is probably my favorite song by them.  And it easily has one of the best solo breaks that I've heard in the thrash genre (@1:30).  At least that's my opinion.

For other metal fans, I'd be curious what you think.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:08 AM, trev5150 said:

Donald Fagan's IGY

I just saw Steely Dan last Tuesday (for the 4th time).  Such a great show.  Compared to a lot of aging bands, Steely is always full of energy and every song is a masterpiece, so I wish the concerts are four hours and not just two. RIP Becker. 

For any HP Lovecraft readers, this is amazing.  I laughed my ass off through the whole thing.

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”
 H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

1 hour ago, Razwald said:

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”
 H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

True dat!  And also, the ability to forget is paramount for maintaining sanity (or is that encompassed in the above quote?).  Which is why (I tell others) that I can't remember a tenth of what I've learned, LOL  😅

On 7/17/2019 at 1:08 PM, trev5150 said:

Donald Fagan, of Steely Dan.

Possibly the best group to have ever existed, if there is such a thing.  What memories of young adulthood he (and they) engender....and moods that are now hard to imagine.

Thumbs up, sir!

1 hour ago, Razwald said:

Well well well.  This is the first I have heard of this song and around 20 seconds to 45 seconds it sounds a lot  like this song from my childhood

Guess who was first?   :)

I love Huey Lewis just as much.  👍  Ironic that he is going deaf!  🤕