What are you guys listening to?

Klaiber

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 10:08 AM, trev5150 said:

Donald Fagan's IGY

I just saw Steely Dan last Tuesday (for the 4th time).  Such a great show.  Compared to a lot of aging bands, Steely is always full of energy and every song is a masterpiece, so I wish the concerts are four hours and not just two. RIP Becker. 

For any HP Lovecraft readers, this is amazing.  I laughed my ass off through the whole thing.

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”
 H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

1 hour ago, Razwald said:

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”
 H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

True dat!  And also, the ability to forget is paramount for maintaining sanity (or is that encompassed in the above quote?).  Which is why (I tell others) that I can't remember a tenth of what I've learned, LOL  😅

• 2 weeks later...