Klaiber

What are you guys listening to?

Kameraden,

It's almost spring, we seem to have a bit of time on our hands as we are all wondering next steps. Seems like a perfect time for a bunch of old men to get together with a 1000 watt amp and have a blow out party. Velour by Sweatsedo in Vegas.

HzokZNr.jpg

I present "Music Poker Spring 2020" and suggest we have some fun picking songs that match the rounds (make a killer playlist). I have attached the rules, have fun with it.

S!

music poker 2020.pdf

I accept the challenge!  I love these music poker things.  Really makes me have to think.

Round 1, British Steel: Budgie - Panzer Division Destroyed

Round 2, Any RUSH tune: Rush - Xanadu

Round 3, Playmate + Hemi Cuda: Steely Dan - Do It Again

Round 4, California Dreaming: Pink Floyd - See Emily Play

Round 5, Cheech & Chong Song: Jesus Acosta & The Professionals - Guajida

Round 6, PROG: Gentle Giant - The Wreck

Round 7, Shut the F#@% Up: Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac - Albatross

Round 8, Girls, Women and Ladies: Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady

Round 9, Songs of the South: Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster

Round 10, We Gotcha Covered: The Cardigans - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Black Sabbath cover)

@Lipfert Is this British band Heavy enough for you. 😁

@Klaiber Albatros is a great song Peter Green is under rated outside of the guitar community.  I may also go with Pink Floyd for Psychedelic category.  I picked up a Pink Floyd collectors box set a few years back.  It has so many versions and out takes of songs between 65-72 plus the 2 movies they did soundtracks for are included. I'm a Floyd if you couldn't tell.

26 minutes ago, Vonrd said:

The way things are going I'm not going to see a barber for a while... gonna let my freak flag fly!

There are musicians that have a distinct sound.  16 sec in I knew Neil Young was in the band with out looking. 

Being born ten years too late for the music poker, I would not have too much to add to it. Ironically my most beloved musician started his career in this timeframe.
Saw him twice giving a concert in Germany. About 15 years ago in Frankfurt with his original Band and some years later at an open air concert in Mainz with another band.
Of all the Youtube live footage, I like this version of my favorite song the most:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04SyevARRcc

This is what I thought about using for the California/Psychedelic category.

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Being born ten years too late for the music poker, I would not have too much to add to it. Ironically my most beloved musician started his career in this timeframe.
Saw him twice giving a concert in Germany. About 15 years ago in Frankfurt with his original Band and some years later at an open air concert in Mainz with another band.
Of all the Youtube live footage, I like this version of my favorite song the most:

Half the stuff I posted was before I was born so feel free to post

@Razwald  Oh yeah, "Another Brick in the Wall" is a classic one. ´The Wall´ and ´Dark Side of the Moon´ are legendary ...

So, if ROUND 1 would have asked for a german song for a german Tiger IV Panzer Kompanie attacking and destroying a british batallion on a misty morning,

it would be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh99sYnEdqQ

BTW: With which button do I embed youtube videos directly?

52 minutes ago, Labroisse said:

One of my kids turned me on to Orville Peck.   I'm not really into Country and the guy is a bit of a nimrod with the hula skirt mask, but the music is enjoyable:

There's something about old school country / rockabilly in a fringed Lone Ranger mask that is super appealing.

11 hours ago, Klaiber said:

There's something about old school country / rockabilly in a fringed Lone Ranger mask that is super appealing.

That mask aint gonna do nothin bout the COVID... 😆

Yeah... cool

John Prine another victim of the COVID... such a loss... but he had cheated death before. He had cancer on the right side of his neck. He had major surgery to remove a substantial amount of diseased tissue, followed by six weeks of radiation therapy. He insisted that the surgery improved his singing voice...😉.

He was a master lycyrist... this from "Angel From Montgomery" is so evocative:

There's flies in the kitchen I can hear 'em there buzzing
And I ain't done nothing since I woke up today

I've been there...

RIP John