New Vid Card

c4nucK

S! JG1

I'm officially finally going to be back in the saddle by Friday.I'm going to buy the actual computer itself on Wednesday which is a Xeon 3.0 quad core processor with 8 gigs of ram. I've already purchased a brand new x52 joystick. the only part I'm sure of getting is a new video card. My budget for a new video card is about 150 is there out there and they can be able to run cliffs of Dover for that price range if I have to spend a little more in order to have a more satisfying experience I will but I'd like to keep it in that price range.

I'm so excited about coming back you guys will see me Friday like I said I've already got the new joystick purchased and I'm purchasing the new computer on Wednesday and now I just need to find a good video card that I can buy so I can order it online and it be here by the end of the week thank you in advance for all your help

I'll leave this to some much more experienced computer people but I wanted to chime in and say welcome back!  I would recommend an Nvidea over ATI for CloD specifically.  I run an ATI and there are some basic incompatibilities although it doesn't make it unplayable, mind you. 

Purchased this card... Geforce 760gtx

Shipping said it should be here tomorrow. I work nights now so I probably won't be able to get online till Saturday afternoon. But I'm seriously looking forward to it.

I'll see u in the skies soon gentlemen S!

Okay so I purchased CloD and its wonderful. After the 800$ total on a new PC and video card I didn't have the extra .money left over to buy a trackir and BoS.

Am I correct in assuming you guys are playing BoS or are y'all playing CloD? This Friday I'm ordering a trackir 5 as well.

I was doing some reading about BoS the other day and multiple people said the game is very arcade like and no where near the realism that CloD provides with the Fusion mod. Any comments or thoughts on this?

Thanks for clearing that up Britchot. Once friday hits I will be ordering a brand spanking new Trackir5 then hopefully I'll be able to have some fun lol. Hatswitching just doesn't cut it anymore lol.

Oh btw, I moved up to Chicago from Charleston, SC. I'm living with my new girlfriend up here. And thank god to because the welding industry in charleston was pathetic. They were trying to offer me 10$/hr to Tig weld aluminum, which if you know anything about welding, Aluminum Tig takes the most skill. So now that I'm up here I'm making much better money that far exceeds the cost of living increase. Life is good finally.