Jump to content

Technical information needed.


Recommended Posts

I'm shopping to buy one of the PC's in a box from Tiger Direct, actually they call it the barebones kit. I need to know which part of the computer contains the plug for the cable wire. Is it a card like a video or sound card or something else? I tried to get an idea of what I should be looking for by looking at my Dell, but it looks like the one on the Dell is an intrigul part of the MB, otherwise I might've tried to reuse it in the new machine.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Jim

Concur with Britch, if its a tiger direct "bare bones", TD will have the motherboard in their catalog.

And in its specs, it will say something like Ethernet connection.

Jim to be honest, today I dont know of any "common" motherboard, that doesn't have an Ethernet built in!


But are you talking the "internet" connection or a "cable" TV type? If its a "cable" TV type, for cable TV....

then 99.2% on a "barebones" kit you'll probably need a TV tuner card.


Hope this helps


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...