Sign in to follow this  
WWGeezer

Memorial for H. Ian "WWWringer" Smuck

We lost one of our long time squadmates a few weeks ago and will be having a memorial in his honor next Tuesday evening performing the missing man formation in the Il2 simulation.

If JG1 is interested in sending one or two pilots to observe, you are welcome to attend.  Please send me a PM if you are interested and I will give you the particulars.

Thanks guys.

Rest in peace, Ian.  We miss you.

That's awful news, Geezer. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. When Wringer was XO, I remember flying and talking to him all the time. We'll miss him, and would be honored to attend the memorial.

Which IL-2 will you fly? '46, Clod or BoS?

The memorial will be flown in stock IL2 1946 4.12.m or later.  I will respond to anyone who has sent me a PM with the specifics.  Doing it that way so I can keep a head count.  Barton I just posted the instructions to Klaiber so you can get it from him or send me a PM.  

Thanks for all your kind comments.  Ian / Wringer was a great guy to fly with and a great instructor as well.

Hi All,

The Wing Walkers have posted a wonderful video compilation of WWWringer's memorial flight.

You can check it out here.

Additionally, there are a few very nice images here.

Barton and I were in attendance.  The missing man formation was very moving.  Wringer will be missed.