My IL-2 and RoF problems

Zerfass

Well after going on SoW to find some 88s, and a C7/late(!) which I gave to Mox because of my problems.

Went into SP and same thing occured, but if I did it w/o teamspeak on which I had done before it was perfectly fine. So I think my problems are because of Teamspeak.

I think I may try to setup my father's old netbook as a teamspeak machine but I don't think I can get PTT on it, so problems there.

I may try to get a USB button for PTT though.

• 2 weeks later...

Overwolf. Gone.

Fresh install [of teamspeak]. Done.

Updated drivers. Done. (Suggested by a guy on ATAG's forums: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19086&p=206757#post206757)

Haven't tried an older build of teamspeak.

Thinking more on overlay's could it possibly be the fact that I am running steam's overlay? I'm pretty sure I can disable it.

Oh and the game itself crashes, but if I use the old CLoDer (win8 fix, isn't needed with Team fusion) it goes to 1.11 which no servers run, mainly because Teamfusion?

By itself, TS shouldn't affect FPS at all.  Which is why we said to dump Overwolf and all other TS-based overlays.  They're the biggest culprits, 9 times out of 10.

Disabling Steam's overlay may also help boost your FPS.  But I think it depends on the size of your friends list.

Honestly, it still sounds like there is some kind of conflict happening.  Either that, or something is acting as a resource hog and TS is just the last stone that causes the crash.

Have you gone into msconfig and paired back your Startup programs (so that not everything is running when your PC turns on).

By itself, TS shouldn't affect FPS at all.  Which is why we said to dump Overwolf and all other TS-based overlays.  They're the biggest culprits, 9 times out of 10.

Disabling Steam's overlay may also help boost your FPS.  But I think it depends on the size of your friends list.

Honestly, it still sounds like there is some kind of conflict happening.  Either that, or something is acting as a resource hog and TS is just the last stone that causes the crash.

Have you gone into msconfig and paired back your Startup programs (so that not everything is running when your PC turns on).

Would 217 friends inhibit anything?  :lol:

Msconfig and paired my startup programs?

Fox, regarding IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, here are two threads which may help you:

Dealing with CloD Crashes - Master list: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4123

SCREEN FREEZES? VIDEO STUTTERS? LAG?: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7923

The second one may prove helpful.

Especially this sub-link:

Windows 8 / 8.1 solution: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7720

• 3 weeks later...

Thought about testing see if DCS world has the problems. Of all games I think DCS would take it the worst; maybe I'll be wrong!

I think I may buy Teamspeak 3 on my phone and finally send out my headphones back to Germany for a replacement. (They are ROCCAT Syva, one lost a glue seal, the other was defective) Going to get them back in theory before FIF 23 (is it now?)

I have TS3 on my phone, and it works well.

The only problem is that you can't see who is on a channel unless you're in it.

Additionally, push to talk is a PITA.  So you'll probably have to leave the channel open.  However, if you are using headphones with a built in mic (that you'd use on a phone call), it shouldn't be a problem.

Let me know when you get it all set up, and we'll give it a shot in either ROF or CLOD.

I have TS3 on my phone, and it works well.

The only problem is that you can't see who is on a channel unless you're in it.

Additionally, push to talk is a PITA.  So you'll probably have to leave the channel open.  However, if you are using headphones with a built in mic (that you'd use on a phone call), it shouldn't be a problem.

Let me know when you get it all set up, and we'll give it a shot in either ROF or CLOD.

I don't think I can, my mother has this stupid BS that I have to work incredibly hard to get any cash, then doesn't let me spend it. :l

Sweet update, Hotlead gave me a code for Channel battles (by that, the map) so I'll be at the game, Idk if I can fly pursuit with the Pfalz D.XII, but I can help "initate" fights with the Dr.I..

I will probably want to fly the Camel, I think boom and zoom in RoF is out of my style in here :P

I will save that for IL-2!

Think I'm gonna try another factory restore, will port RoF over.

Maybe this will fix it, I still can't remember if before it was any different.

Will have to spam download games again, R.I.P. wifi :P

Also isn't there RoF tonight? I may see if I can make that to test..

gonna be a while. I may have to install win8.1 first. 

DCS ok.

If I can get everything up and running (which will be a while, I intend on getting 8.1, installing a new fan, and rerouting everything to my computer basically. I will probably be down from 2-3pm till like 7pm.

Calling my computer the Fourth Doctor now. :P

Yess. thankfully I still got the install ZIP for RoF. Going to bring that and Team fusion with me in my bindle. :P

Maybe I can get to test things, I may see if I can convince my mother to let me buy teamspeak on my phone.

Only if the force worked in real life.

"You will let me buy Teamspeak"