Steam database compromised

Spies

Sounds like Sony's PS3 fiasco, which has occured 2-3 times now. I am so glad I never purchased a Steam game and they did not have my CC info, I only used Steam to play CoD which I purchased from UBI.

For those of you who have CC with BoA, they have a utility called Shop Safe, it generates a fake CC number, you can pick the amount of $$ that its good for and the Expiration Date. You can then store this on a Steam or PS3 account, and even if its stolen its worthless.

Check it out as its probably the only good thing that BoA has ever done for their customers.

The compromised database held information such as user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, e-mail addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information, according to Newell.

We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked