JG1 Application

Ian_15

• What is your Timezone?

EST

Do you have a joystick or HOTAS?

No but im good with mouse and keyboard i should be getting a joystick soon

Do you have TeamSpeak installed, as well as a working microphone?

Yes and Turtle Beach X12's

Do you have TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control?

No

What sims are you currently flying?

ROF, War Thunder, World of Warplanes

How did you hear about JG1?

ROF Forums

Is there anything else that you'd like us to know?

I just started ROF but seem to be good at flying. I have been on many sims and have been in various groups. I have been on War Thunder for 3 years but lost my old account. I am 15 mature more my age and im also a Cadet Staff Sergeant in the Civil Air Patrol USAF Auxiliary so i understand teamwork. I can be on almost whenever needed and am fully setup on mouse and keyboard controls. I am soon setting up controller controls as well. I have been in various real life training simulators and have flown Cessna 182's. Thank you for your time. 

Welcome aboard Ian! Getting a joystick would probably be a good idea. You can only be so good with a mouse and keyboard imho. ;) May I recommend this model? It's cheap, but fairly reliable and gives ya lots of programmable buttons. It was the joystick I started ROF with and it lasted me a good 2 years.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009OY9U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_SYAaxb7TTJAN3

Our commander, Klaiber, will probably shoot you an email, formally welcoming you to JG1.

Looking forward to knowing you better! :D

- Hotlead

No one has said it... but one really can't be effective flying with mouse for sure, and probably some form of head tracking. We've had new pilots who had not one or the other (or both) and training was almost impossible. If you're serious, they're really a necessity (some pilots ... mostly old timers who flew well before headtracking... do really well with hatswitch for visibility, but it takes an enormous amount of practice.

That being said... Welcome Ian! I was a member of CAP many years ago and loved it. (Learned how to keep step, spit shine, what a "gig line" means, a proper salute... and did get to fly a bit. Got my Private ticket much later but have fond memories of CAP).

Hope to fly with you soon.

Happy Birthday!... soon 

Okay if i get a joystick i cant get a tracking system but i can later in the year

That's a good order to get them in.  Although, if you have a web-cam you can put together a free head tracking system.  There are a few guys within the squadron with that setup that could help you.  Just something to consider.