airfield limit?

just a couple of quick questions Paul. Is there a limit to the number of airfields DCG can support? In the Solomons 44 map there is no less than 22 plus 4 sea plane bases. If there is no limit, does a large number degrade performance in any way? I notice in your stock campaigns that often not all airfields arent added, ie the New Guinea campaigns where the large airfield on Goodenough Island is not added, is there a reason for this? Has it got to do with how DCG moves squadrons and the supply system?

Next question, on your old forum you explained how to add airfields to existing campaigns. My memory is scratchy but I think you said to add 4 waypoints coming from the east to the first airfield icon, then 1 to the next icon, then a further four, going west and it always had to be east-west? Is that correct? It's just that I am a bit puzzled because that is not how it is explained in the "create new campaign" tutorial, in it the instructions say 7 waypoints no less than 150m apart going from icon to icon and east west is not mentioned, in fact the tutorial explains how to add airfields and airstrips on bases with two strips and they have opposing directions?

Ideally I want to make an external Solomons 44 map, but it is huge (22 airfields!) and I am concerned that DCG might continually transfer most units to the front, is there a way to prevent DCG from clustering units, or is there a built in limit to how many units can be active on one airfield/airstrip?

For info: Airfields/Airstrips/SPB on Solomons 44 map :o

****Bouganville***

Buka
Bonis
Tenekau
Kieta SPB
Tenekau
Piva AF
Uncle
Torikina
Kara
Kahilli

***Shortland Island***

Balalle AF
Shortland SPB

***Treasury Island***

Stirling AF

***Vellahavella***

Barakoma

***Kolombongara***

Vila (Abandoned)  may be made active by use of "test Runway" trick?

***New Georgia***

Ondonga SPB
Ondonga Nth
Ondonga Sth
Kokengola

***Russel Island***

Sunlight
Renard AF
Russel Island SPB

***Florida Island***
Halavo SPB

***Guadalcanal***

Henderson Fighter No2
Henderson Bomber No1 AF
Henderson Fighter No1
Carney Bomber No2 AF
Crash Strip
Koli Bomber No3 AF

There's an airfield limit, but it's a lot more than 22.

As for clustering, it happens more the smaller the action radius.  I could add a new timetable command that stops squadrons from transferring (unless their field is threatened by ground units)....

The new instructions for running the waypoints is correct.  East-west is very old (when there was only the Eastern front and the Germans were always in the West and the Russians in the East).

As for clustering, it happens more the smaller the action radius.  I could add a new timetable command that stops squadrons from transferring (unless their field is threatened by ground units)....

Or you can just encourage user to check the "no transfer" option in the Option Menu (I forgot about that one).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...