Campaign won't advance

Pandacat

No, that doesn't solve it.  Here is what is going on:

The US pacific campaign is consisted of 10 maps (from Tulagi to Okinawa sequencially).  The standard procedure is once I have reached victory conditions of one map, the campaign would advance to the next map.  Say in Tulagi map, if US forces occupies Tulagi Depot objective, then the map is won and the campaign would move onto the next one: Coral Sea.  Once I sink the Japanese carrier in Coral Sea, I win the map and advance onto Midway.  So on so forth.  As far as I remember, DCG always goes like this unless there is new stuff in 3.49 that I am not aware of.  But anyway.  Now I won Tulagi map, instead of moving onto Coral Sea, the campaign keeps generating new mission at Tulagi.  When you click fly the next mission, you and your whole squadron spawn in the water with damaged aircraft and mission fails.  As a result, you can't advance any further; your campaign is basically a dead end at this point.  So I was wondering if any of you had the same issue.  

Sorry, I've never played the pacific campaign. But HSFX is different ship-wise, so a missing ship (or one whose name has changed) can result in such issues. What if you googled campaigns made specifically for HSFX?

There are many campaigns for HSFX on missions4today, but any of those are made for DCG?  Mostly they look like just Dgen campaigns.

So I was playing around with the Tulagi and Coral Sea campaigns last night (and made Tulagi have a quick two day campaign for the Yorktown to get in and get out).  But when I tried to add some TBD Devastators to the Coral Sea campaign, it crashed just as the TBDs began their attack run on the Japanese carriers.  Not just once, but three times.

So I was playing around with the Tulagi and Coral Sea campaigns last night (and made Tulagi have a quick two day campaign for the Yorktown to get in and get out).  But when I tried to add some TBD Devastators to the Coral Sea campaign, it crashed just as the TBDs began their attack run on the Japanese carriers.  Not just once, but three times.

So Paul, were you able to transition from Tulagi to Coral sea?  Mine was able to transition at all.

hmm... Interesting.  My endcampaign file doesn't seem to work at all.  I added Tulagi end date on 5/2, but I am on 5/8 and still fighting.  Let me make sure that I have done right:

[Tulagi]
  Campaign=Pacific_Campaign
  EndDate=2/5/1942
  Victor=Red

This is all you added right?  Do you know add victory condition for Blue side as well?

I encountered something weird.  The entry for Tarawa worked as expected, but Tulagi just won't end.  Also interesting is that Tarawa ends on 11/23/42, the next map Marianas starts immediately on the same date.  I always thought different maps have different dates and they don't necessarily follow each other right after.

Btw, Paul.  I finished Tarawa map which ends on 23/11/43.  The next map Marianas was supposed to start on June, 44.  But instead, the map start date followed immediately to Tarawa's end date.  It started on 23/11/43.  Is there anyway to make maps start on correct start date? 

Yeah, I don't know what happened but the links between the campaigns all vanished (or were never there).  Try adding the following to your endcampaign.dcg file:

[CoralSea]
  Sunk=CV 20%
  Victor=Red
[CoralSea]
  Sunk=CV 20%
  Victor=Blue

This is the only thing I saw in grandcampaign about Tulagi

[Tulagi to CoralSea] Blue

Map=CoralSea