IL-2 1946 4.11 Guide

Spies

I wonder if UP is going to update to this. I recall a statement from them when 3.0RC1 came out that it was the last version they would be doing. It's a shame, the fusing on 4.11 looks like a lot of fun. With the fix to 6DOF finally I may enjoy flying with stock planes. UP looks prettier, though.

I wonder if UP is going to update to this. I recall a statement from them when 3.0RC1 came out that it was the last version they would be doing. It's a shame' date=' the fusing on 4.11 looks like a lot of fun. With the fix to 6DOF finally I may enjoy flying with stock planes. UP looks prettier, though.[/quote']

Honestly, my hope is that the DT patches get so good that things like UP aren't really needed (save for the crazy "wants" that probably shouldn't be in the game anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see that the Bomb Fuze Modes work like the real thing. 4.10 completely porked the electric fuzing for the Luftwaffe's bombs. Would be nice for the community to embrace this version, I have never been very keen about UP/SAS. I think that the only thing needed would be to adapt Zuti's MDS.

Jabo in 4.11... I can hit stuff again! Unfortunately it is a huge step backwards in regards to cockpit prettiness' date=' UP and company still has a big lead there.[/quote']

You do realize that you can add all those cockpits from UP & DBW quite easily onto 4.11? Indeed, you can add all the UP & DBW .sfs files except the mod aircraft, so your 4.11 install can look and sound identical.

Go have a look at sas1946.

:)