ALL PLANES BLOW UP ON MISSION START

slippery_jim

Hi, can't remember my old login details from the old site so using this shiny new one, I think it was Jason dinalt or something like that

I have a problem with DCG 3.46. (clean install of 4.09m then all patches to 4.10.1m, with HSFX on top)

Installed the HSFX class addon for DCG etc

Selected new campaign in DCG, (DCG replace DGEN, full Auto mode), close DCG, go to IL2, select campaign, all goes ok, IL2 generates first mission. (I tested it ok in FMB) but after this it all goes loopy. Close IL2, reopen DCG, edit campaign then generate new mission. return to IL2, select campaign but when I select FLY all planes (including mine) that arent based off map or seabase based BLOW UP!

So I look at the mission in FMB, and it shows my plane not spawning at the right place (what I consider to be the right place) but away from the airstrip. So I thought maybe DCG is confused where to spawn TAKE OFF points? So I add a set of TAKE OFF coords to airfields.dcg and try that. (in this case an airfield on Goodenough Island in the New Guinea map)

[Vivigani_Airfield]

TAKEOFF 363605.09 163947.08 0 0 &0

NORMFLY 365488.08 162028.53 500.00 300.00 &0

NORMFLY 368120.63 161744.44 1000.00 300.00 &0

NORMFLY 373054.30 162397.85 1000.00 300.00 &0

NORMFLY 376425.48 164017.15 1000.00 300.00 &0

But to no avail. Every plane still blows up!

If I am quick I can just catch them on spawn by pressing pause and I get a glimpse of them all spawning together. So I try again with a new mission generation with DCG but no difference, every (take off) plane blows up! And to make things worse, from this point on now any mission generated by DCG cant be opened in FMB, it just loads the map then sits there saying STAND BY

I had another go at generating a campaign, same problem. This time I manually edited the mission using notepad so every plane was air starting and diferent flights were spaced by altitude, and everything went ok.

So what is causing the spawn problem?

Hi,

I've already heard of the problem and had to do with the new Modpacks, but I do not know exactly what the reason is!

Have you these files installed in your DCG installation? http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,15016.0.html!

They are speciall created for HSFX 5 and DCG!

Otherwise you should better ask here: http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/index.php or here: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,188.0.html

Hope it helps!

Unfortunatly this did not fix the problem :(

What I have noticed is this:

The stock DCG master files work fine, but if I edit the file in FMB to add new objects then it then starts to occur

If I use an edited master file with a mod aircraft at a new base it ALWAYS does it, for reasons I havent been able to determine DCG is spawning aircraft in the wrong location. If I use a stock aircraft at a new airbase MOST times it will blow up, but occasionally it doesnt. If I use a mod aircraft at a stock DCG airfield then it rarely happens

This problem is generally down to something causing IL2 to throw a Java null pointer exception, which you can usually see in the console or log file. It was originally most often caused (in UP3) by bad loadout or regiment entries but any error can cause it, from any objects, but not normally with the pink skinless wreck which points to an error with that plane.

I always get this with the JunkersW34 for example, even in QMB, so it's definitely not a DCG error, but the plane apparently works for others so maybe there's a conflict with something else?

When it happens it can also throw a load of other errors which normally don't come up and are generally red herrings, often concerning ships (!?) With the Junkers F34 mod though, I got this with a barge (included in the mission file) floating directly above, so there's something connected and screwed up somewhere in the classfiles? Also had it semi randomly (with a Hurricane this time), where IL2 seemed to fail to read the (mod) files, whereby reloading the game and playing the same mission then resulted in no errors... error reading the modded sfs files?

I assume it's never happened with stock 4.101, only the modded versions. The only thing you can do currently is look in the console/log file to try and see where the error is coming and remove that from the mission file, but try reloading with the same mission first, can be it works next time, well, sometimes. This is with DBW, so it's not just HSFX, but they do both use the same SFS compiler, but it remains a mystery for now. I already messed with the stock DCG Poland39 template with no errors in DBW, but have to try some other variations as listed above and see what happens.

Hi' date=' can't remember my old login details from the old site so using this shiny new one, I think it was Jason dinalt or something like that

I have a problem with DCG 3.46. (clean install of 4.09m then all patches to 4.10.1m, with HSFX on top)

Installed the HSFX class addon for DCG etc

Selected new campaign in DCG, (DCG replace DGEN, full Auto mode), close DCG, go to IL2, select campaign, all goes ok, IL2 generates first mission. (I tested it ok in FMB) but after this it all goes loopy. Close IL2, reopen DCG, edit campaign then generate new mission. return to IL2, select campaign but when I select FLY all planes (including mine) that arent based off map or seabase based BLOW UP!

So I look at the mission in FMB, and it shows my plane not spawning at the right place (what I consider to be the right place) but away from the airstrip. So I thought maybe DCG is confused where to spawn TAKE OFF points? So I add a set of TAKE OFF coords to airfields.dcg and try that. (in this case an airfield on Goodenough Island in the New Guinea map)

[Vivigani_Airfield']

TAKEOFF 363605.09 163947.08 0 0 &0

NORMFLY 365488.08 162028.53 500.00 300.00 &0

NORMFLY 368120.63 161744.44 1000.00 300.00 &0

NORMFLY 373054.30 162397.85 1000.00 300.00 &0

NORMFLY 376425.48 164017.15 1000.00 300.00 &0

But to no avail. Every plane still blows up!

If I am quick I can just catch them on spawn by pressing pause and I get a glimpse of them all spawning together. So I try again with a new mission generation with DCG but no difference, every (take off) plane blows up! And to make things worse, from this point on now any mission generated by DCG cant be opened in FMB, it just loads the map then sits there saying STAND BY

I had another go at generating a campaign, same problem. This time I manually edited the mission using notepad so every plane was air starting and diferent flights were spaced by altitude, and everything went ok.

So what is causing the spawn problem?

Sorry I missed this post until today.

This happens because of the fix the modders implemented to hide the coordinates when a user spawns or changes position in a multiple crew aircraft.

I did a mod using the class file from 4.10.1 but it requires every player to have it installed.

PM if you want the mod.