Thursday night Wargrounds with US103rd

J5_Hotlead

Salute all! 

Starting this Thursday evening, we will be holding joint competition nights with our friendly rivals, the US103rd! Officially, things will start off at 8:00pm Central time alternating between the Wargrounds server and Cuban's server, although the US103rd may be on earlier if any East Coast guys want to join them. ;)

I will be live-streaming my "One Life to Live" series each Thursday, so most times I will be treating this as if it were a "dead-is-dead" type situation. Perfect for getting our squadron ready for Flanders in Flames!

Hope to see you in the skies this Thursday! :)

S!

- Hotlead

Salute all! Had a FANTASTIC time this evening! At one point, we had the server full to 30 pilots!  icon_eek.gif

Here is the archived twitch stream of this evenings fights, including a pulse pounding dogfight with our friendly rivals, the US103rd! (Starting at the 47 minute mark.)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/176534646

We will be back on Wargrounds next Thursday at 8pm! Hope to see you there!  icon_e_salute.gif

I think I have old timer's disease.  You guys must have told me 3 times at least you were going to Assevillers, and I was like, you're not going to Foucacourt?  Duh!   :huh:​ 

And I told Moxy the radiator cheater gauge is on the far LEFT.  Pffft!  Wasn't even drinking either!

Great to see the JG1 circus over the front. Red and yellow all over the sky.

Thanks Hunter! It was good to see the US103rd up and at em too! I do have to say that I think you guys' SPAD skins are really classy. Makes you look very "official" whenever you guys fly together. :)

Oops... forgot about last night! I coulda, shoulda been there! Gotta shake off the old-timers disease and remember next week!

Lol no problem Luft! Looking forward to next week! :)

Hey guys!

Over the next couple weeks, I'll be producing a cinematic flight sim video for our Thursday night flights on Wargrounds. If you guys would want to send me the raw flight tracks of your best Thursday night moments, I'll add 'em to the video! :D

To find your recorded tracks on your PC, go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\data\Tracks

In there, you'll see 2 types of files: folders and .trk files. I'll need both the folder and the .trk file for each track you want to send me.

To get those files to me, you can use whatever link you want. If you've never done something like this before, I'd reccomend using Google Drive:

https://www.google.com/drive/

It's really easy to upload and share things with.

If you ever wanted to be a silver screen star, now's your time! Just let me know if you have tracks you'd like in the movie and I'll try to get them included! :)

S!

- Hotlead

Hey guys! I just learned that Requiem and some of the old IRFC will be attending tonight's fly-in on Wargrounds! Should be epic!

Remember to record flight tracks guys! If you have a cool moment you'd like me to feature in my upcoming ROF video, just send the files my way. :)

Hey guys! I just learned that Requiem and some of the old IRFC will be attending tonight's fly-in on Wargrounds! Should be epic!

Remember to record flight tracks guys! If you have a cool moment you'd like me to feature in my upcoming ROF video, just send the files my way. :)

That is so cool! Requiem is such a great guy! I hope to attend but I'm in the process of setting up my new PC (everything's working so far! I was sweating it). Hope to see y'all.

• 2 weeks later...

Salute all! This Thursday, 30 minutes before the fly-in night, we at JG1 invite all who are interested over to the JG1 server to stress-test our upcoming Flanders in Flames map. That way, we can ensure that we have all the bugs worked out for our official start this Saturday. wink.png

We will start the stress-test at 7:30pm Central time. Following that, at 8:00pm Central approximately, we will transfer to the Wargrounds server for our usual fun and flying. 

• 2 weeks later...

Teamwork’s what it’s all about! It’s one of the reasons I love being in JG1. As a lone wolf pilot, there is no way you can experience the satisfaction of downing a competent enemy by working well with your wingmen. I thought we did really well in those first 2 engagements vs the Albs! :)

Hey guys! Sorry I couldn’t make the fly in tonight! Real life commitments took precedence. ;) 

We will be trying something new this upcoming Thursday. Rather than doing it on Wargrounds, we'll be flying on Cuban's excellent server! If you'd like a fresh experience from the standard Wargrounds maps, this might be your lucky night! :D

(Not to bash FourSpeed or Wargrounds of course. We have had some really awesome furballs on Wargrounds! Sometimes though variety is the spice of life. ;)

Hey guys! Had a great time on Cuban's server tonight! Unfortunately, my virtual pilot died...but a new recruit has taken his place and has already gotten some kills to his record! This was one my my most fun streams to host and had a lot of interaction with viewers. Thanks for watching all! :D

You can see the archived footage here: