Jason's TS Q&A

Vonrd

Here's the youtube link. I've just listened to the first 10 min (3 hrs in length) but already came away with this...

• Flying Circus "should" be released in about a year.
  • Bodenplatte will be later... sometime in 2019 .
  • They are using "partners" in the coding (maybe some of the "Modders"?).
  • The initial 100 x 100 map will eventually be expanded (hoping for an Italian front map).
  • They are concentrating on late war planes because they perceive them as most popular and the best to make the initial release a success. (Can't really fault that logic but the implication is that they WILL do early planes as well).

I'm sure there is more in this... like I said, this is just the 1st 10 min...

I haven’t listened all the way through yet, but I found parts specific to FC to be very interesting. Namely, at the beginning of the video and at approx 1 hr 44 mins into the video.

Jason said that his hope is to eventually run out of planes to port over from ROF and to eventually make some new ones. Also, he plans to implement in ROF’s existing flight models to FC rather than try to adjust their WW2 flight models or create entirely new ones. Namely, the FC planes should feel like they do now. I can’t complain about that! There’s something really attractive about firing up a brand new flight sim, settling into a gorgeously new (yet still quite familiar) cockpit, and feeling right at home.

I think it’s a very real possibility for FM tweaks to come down the line with FC, but I think they will come once the series is established. ;)

There’s something really attractive about firing up a brand new flight sim, settling into a gorgeously new (yet still quite familiar) cockpit, and feeling right at home.

I think it’s a very real possibility for FM tweaks to come down the line with FC, but I think they will come once the series is established. ;)

Totally agree. What jazzed me is the possibility of this being our Christmas (Hannuka, Quanza... ) present for 2018. Also, that they will probably release before Bodenplatte (actually mixed feelings about that... looking forward to some "merican planes  :D )