Sign in to follow this  
Craven

Wing Walkers Battles

WWBattles, This Tuesday at 6:15ish....apologize if we started early last week and missed some folks, will keep our eye on the lobby this time for late arrivers

1. We are tired of the snow, switched to a summer Stalingrad map

2. We will fly Russian again, likely switch to German the following week.

3. Narrowed the field of play to inside the white box unless either side destroys its two targets, than they can move on to the outside areas

4. Tired of Russian base names I can't pronounce so shorten them and gave them slang names ( Kuzz, Bass, Verne, Zappa)

5. Kept ample AI, if we get higher attendance will cut that back

You are all welcome to join if interested.  

Pic2.JPG

Pic3.JPG

Pic4.JPG

Tuesday April 3rd, flying the same mission.  No password on the server, there is a password on TS.  PM me and I will give you the password.

We are flying German, welcome to fly with us or against us.

I found this Scramble by Vanderstock that looked pretty intense.  We fly Russian and need to defend Kabardinka from a multipronged invasion.  Only changes I made was adding a closer German base that opens up 30 minutes into the mission.  Welcome to fly with us or against us

PS Trying to gear up to running some true COOP's in the future.  Still doing some testing.  We rely on stealing missions from others and a lot of focus right now on experimenting with COOPS.  Vanderstock has a five mission campaign.  Have to get used to restarting if someone crashes at the outset and Dead is Dead, but we enjoyed these as a squad in the old Il2 days on Hyperlobby.  Usually ran a couple in a an evening so people who die a lot ( like me) don't get too bored.  Will keep you posted

Start time 6:15 Pacific

No Password (yes password on TS, PM me or ask VR )

Icons Off

WW's fly Russin

Heard a bit of grumbling about flying "the same old thing" last week, so tried to find something different.  A lot of people focusing on building COOP's right now, so had to dig deep to find something current, new and well made.  I found this Scramble by Vanderstock that looked pretty intense.  We fly Russian and need to defend Kabardinka from a multipronged invasion.  Only changes I made was adding a closer German base that opens up 30 minutes into the mission

Start time 6:15 Pacific

No Password

Icons Off

WW's fly Russina

Pic1S.jpg

Pic2S.jpg

Pic3S.jpg

Salute all, and thanks for the help getting me back into the forum.

Damn we got our ass kicked last night.....

Apologies for the lag.  It's a strong server, but 48 live pilots on a Kuban Map with a lot of AI activity defiantly put a stress on it.  sps was bouncing around at 13 with alot of spikes into the upper teens.    

Had a good debrief from the JG1 flyers and will try the mission again with a few adjustments to avoid this weeks issues

Start time 6:00 Pacific
Yes Password
Icons Off
WW's fly Russina

Change Log
1. Changed time of day to high noon
2. Two airfields on each side, same plane sets
3. Added heavy AAA to Russian / German Airfield #1's, lighter at Airfield #2's

post-62-0-74712200-1523840100_thumb.jpg

Had a good debrief from the JG1 flyers and will try the mission again with a few adjustments to avoid this weeks issues

Start time 6:00 Pacific

Yes Password

Icons Off

WW's fly Russina

Change Log

1. Changed time of day to high noon

2. Two airfields on each side, same plane sets

3. Added heavy AAA to Russian / German Airfield #1's, lighter at Airfield #2's

I like it! Thanks Geezer. 

Too bad about the Vulch problem... It would be good to have as many players as possible IMHO... maybe still keep it open as long as there is an alternate airfield available to avoid the Vulchers?... that way we could see if the framerate / stuttering problem is related to player numbers as opposed to amount of AI / ground entities in the mission?

Working on it VonRd...pulling the password off but with a seat limitation,  Cranked the AAA back a little bit.  Before had four and two at the close and far airbase, pushed that back to two and one.  Will see how it goes....tis a journey.

Kameraden,

I'm offline with a odd button mapping issue, need to move ahead with my system rebuild. Been having an issue when keyboard or HOTAS inputs stop working. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and Switch To il2.exe to get control back. Annoying.

S!

I know I am late late late....but we will be flying the same mission this Tuesday, but switched sides.  Wingwalkers will be flying German defending Kabardinka.  JG1 welcome to fly with us or against us.

The server is not password protected but the TS is.....I am pretty sure I gave the wrong password to some people...VRed has the right one, but will PM those I misled.

Think line between total success and complete chaos!