Good bye, my friends

J5_Hotlead

Just got back from my Nebraska Memorial Day trip and saw this. 

What can I say ? You not only encouraged me to get back into combat flight simming again but steered me towards the greatest bunch of guys in the virtual skies.

Back when I was C.O. for JG51 we had pilots come and go. But once and awhile a true friend and monster squady would come along. You Cole are a true breath of fresh air and one damn good virtual pilot. I hope we can stay in contact or at least let us know how your young life evolves as time goes on. Do this for us old farts eh ?

Salute my friend and best of luck in life , love and longevity .

God Bless

Kurt "Sturtz" Stanley

Hess: Thank-you so much for the kind words - they mean a lot to me. It has been great knowing you too! I've enjoyed seeing your screenshots and had fun flying with you whenever you had some time for ROF. You're a first-rate pilot, man. 

Thomas: As with Pfeil, it's been fun to read your reports in FiF. Also the way you guys knock down enemy planes in Il-2 is astounding. Thanks for the well-wishes - same goes for you, man! 

Baron: Thank-you! I have really admired how you lead Jasta 6. You run a tight ship, and it shows in J6's discipline and cohesion while fighting. You guys are the group that we send in during FiF if we really want to tear enemies up. Salute! 

Wilhelm_Reinhard: The feeling is mutual, I assure you. :) I sincerely appreciate your viewing my streams and giving me useful feedback on how to improve them. Thanks for that! Blue skies and tailwinds to you too, Sir! 

Kliegmann: Lol!!! :lol: Yeah. I've even considered changing my name and moving to a different state to throw you off the scent. :P Seriously though, I will always look back with fondness at the time where you took me under your wing in BOS. I learned so much! Thanks for the kind words too. I'll miss you! 

Etzel: Thanks so much for the kind words! The work I put into the community was nothing but a pleasure chiefly because of pilots like you, Sir. I have great memories of sharing the skies of Aces Falling with you. When you applied to join JG1, I was thrilled - "Etzel's joining!" :D Wishing you all the best too!

Dudley: Thank-you! You are a solid wingman and an expert special missions pilot. I've always admired how you take the time to study mission objectives until you are absolutely sure how they work so that when it's make-or-break time in an event, you can perform exceptionally. It has been an honor flying with you these years! 

Butzzell: I have so many wonderful memories flying with you that I've lost count. I've loved hearing your laugh-out-loud, spur-of-the-moment quips. Also, Flanders in Flames is your baby, and I've really, really loved flying in it. Thank you for all the work in the mission editor, for organizing our Monday flights, and for designing the beautiful livery I had the honor of flying under! I had always dreamed of having my own skins, and you made that a reality. Thank-you! :D I'll miss you! 

Maushake: Thanks for being such an awesome wingman! I still remember winning the Bier Stein with you a few years back. Those were good times. Thanks also for the well-wishes! Wishing you blue skies and awesome opportunities in your acting career! 

Sturtz: It was awesome getting to know you, man! I always had a blast winging with you. I'm thrilled you like it here at JG1! Trust me, the relationships only get better with time. :) Salute and blue skies! 

Vonrd: You were the guy who initially invited me to join the group. Thank you so much for that!!! I admire how easy-going and amiable you are. You are also the true jack-of-all trades of our group. One night you'll fly two-seaters, the next night level bombers, and another night fighters. I find that amazing. Thank-you for taking me under your wing so many times as I worked to learn new skills. You're absolute gold, man. :)

Thank YOU Bud!

I consider bringing you into the fold a feather in my cap.

Know that I respect your decision and fully support it. Life is so much more than images on a monitor. Still, you have touched us all and I think we should retire your number and keep you in permanent reserves. 

Godspeed "Rookie Ace"