Flying Circus and Tank Crew

Klaiber

For me, it works that way in RoF too.  You may not realize it if you have both "engines" and "engine 1" controls mapped to the same buttons or axis'.  It's my belief that the controls for "engines" are used when you're in a multi-engine plane, and then select common engines control (controls all engines simultaneously with one control) instead of individual engine controls.

Yep, that's what I expected from ROF and IL2-1946, but the generic (all engines) commands wern't working for me. Maybe I screwed something up.

S!

The Kuban thing looks like it is working well. I made a second map on Kuban with bases on the Western side of the map.

There is also a third map in the rotation. MOSCOW. yup. Right on the city. Also added a bunch of trains. There are many tracks all over the place. After one train is killed another will spawn in a different place on another track. The train Icon is a general location. You will have to search a bit to find the train.

Yeah, so I have no self-control when spending money so I got both FC and Kuban. Buzzing around in VR in a Dr.1 is almost too fun to be legal, but where I’m going to get killed in MP is how hard it is to see behind me now. I can reliably -almost- see the vertical stabilizer, but only for a few seconds. I really have to jerk my torso around, And I inevitably move the stick too.

Any exercises to help make that movement smoother? :P

The swivel chair works for my space simulator because it’s dual stick with no foot pedals.

I’m in the process of bringing my flight simulator computer up to VR standards. The swivel chair trick won’t work with pedals, so I’m also wondering about neck flexibility exercises. TrackIR is the perfect old man’s device. Turn your neck 20 degrees to look backwards 180 degrees. Maybe we can get 777 to add a rear view mirror exclusive for seniors using VR? You have to show your Medicare card to qualify.

S!

ok,  I have two missions in sequence on the JG1 server. The AI is performing as it is expected. It is the Kuban map for both. Clouds have been removed at this time.

I honestly like the RoF clouds much better.

I've been in there a couple of times, I've only seen the trucks sitting still. I know that once I was in,(I think the J5 server), and if the first moving truck was stopped, all the rest just piled into it. Then another group would come, and THEY would pile into the first group as well. None of the destroyed trucks were de-spawning.  Have you been able to get them to work as well? 

I was also in a TC server and when the trucks began taking hits they would "scramble" back and forth as they approached.... pretty cool effect.

On another note... I've been following the discussion on the FC forums re: Recon Tool. This is great news if they can get it worked out .

*edit...  Could have warned about the MG34 on the train  :o

I've been in there a couple of times, I've only seen the trucks sitting still. I know that once I was in,(I think the J5 server), and if the first moving truck was stopped, all the rest just piled into it. Then another group would come, and THEY would pile into the first group as well. None of the destroyed trucks were de-spawning.  Have you been able to get them to work as well? 

I was also in a TC server and when the trucks began taking hits they would "scramble" back and forth as they approached.... pretty cool effect.

On another note... I've been following the discussion on the FC forums re: Recon Tool. This is great news if they can get it worked out .

*edit...  Could have warned about the MG34 on the train  :o

If you're using a spawn, you have to either put in a 2-3 sec delay between the vehicles, then at the end of the route, you have to remember to hit each one with a delete MCU.  For destroyed vehicles, tie them to a on destroyed, then to a 0 sec timer, then hit them with a delete.

S!

The truck route is very short. That is probably why they are not moving. They just sit at the end of the route.

I have checked several times and they despawn when killed and after all four are dead a new group spawns,

The interesting thing is that if a truck is damaged and stops it may get bumped into by the next truck in line. That second truck becomes two trucks.  Kill either one of these two and they both blow up and then despawn. That won't happen in FiF. No need to respawn objects, so they will be alive from the start and in formation.

S! all,

Did anyone else get a promo code with 25% off any item(s) in the IL2 Sturmovik Store (not good for early access game)?

I also got my promo code - $20 off for the Flying Circus early access.

I might buy the special collector Spitfire MK.VB, might be the only collector plane missing in my profile.

Cheers,

Gen

Q: Anyone knows where I can see my complete list of IL2 Sturmovik planes? I don't see them in my Profile page inside IL2 website...

I used my promo code for Kuban basic. 

Does anyone want my promo codes? I bought both FC and TC before I was able to find the promo codes (they are on the ROF profile... NOT the BOS profile).

If more than one person is interested I will roll the dice to see who gets them.  :P

I think you are mistaken Gen:

Promo code

You are receiving this code because you have previously purchased a copy Rise of Flight or additional content for Rise of Flight. Please visit the official IL-2 Sturmovik webstoreto purchase Flying Circus - Volume One and enter this promo code before September 14, 2018 to receive your discount. 

Here is an additional discount code for 25% OFF any previously released product in the IL-2 webstore (excludes Early Access titles) as a THANK YOU for your previous support. Please visit the official IL-2 Sturmovik webstore to make a purchase and enter this promo code before September 14, 2018 to receive your discount. 

• If you spent between $0.01 and $70.99 on ROF content you will receive an additional $5 OFF.
• If you spent between $71.00 and $200.99 on ROF content you will receive an additional $10 OFF.
• If you spent greater than $201.00 on ROF content you will receive an additional $15 OFF.

The special discount period ends September 14, 2018.

I believe my promo should be the $15

So far Shade has shown an interest. I'll let it run 'till this Sunday.