Flying Circus and Tank Crew

Klaiber

Looks like these are as common as foot fungus   :D

Here's mine for anyone to use:

Promo code

You are receiving this code because you have previously purchased a copy Rise of Flight or additional content for Rise of Flight. Please visit the official IL-2 Sturmovik webstoreto purchase Flying Circus - Volume One and enter this promo code before September 14, 2018 to receive your discount. 
VYQJDXYN

Here is an additional discount code for 25% OFF any previously released product in the IL-2 webstore (excludes Early Access titles) as a THANK YOU for your previous support. Please visit the official IL-2 Sturmovik webstore to make a purchase and enter this promo code before September 14, 2018 to receive your discount. 
N1YWL5QR

So I got a chance to get in, and see what we are working with here, and so far I think it's decent. I honestly wouldn't go much further than that though.

They need to work on the bullet strike effects without a doubt. I also think the nose up tendency in the Dr.I is absolutely awful, I'd really like to know how accurate that is. Also, the guns are firing a bit fast, I do prefer the slower fire rate mod in RoF. The damage model doesn't seem to be fully fleshed out.

So all-in-all, I think it's a good start, but I really hope that they do these things the right way. I love RoF, and I think it deserves a really properly good update into IL-2 GB.

• 2 weeks later...

The release of FC beta was my signal to upgrade the i3 2500 cpu with gtx 680 gpu computer I built in 2012 just for Rise of Flight.

Just swapped in a i7 8700 cpu, new MB and gtx 1080 and got it up and running.  Minor who-ha with Windows license and disk formats, but it’s all sorted (google is your friend).

Wow!  I can run RoF maxed out with the supersampling box checked!  Silky smooth and not a hint of shimmer.

FC runs smooth on Ultra, but I’m a little disappointed as there is still some shimmer.

Next step is to install the Oculus and see if I can get FC working in VR.

Installed the Oculus on my flight sim workstation.  Checked the box in Oculus Home to allow unknown applications.

FC needs Steam VR.  I didn’t have a Steam account, so the first step was to create one.

After creating the account, it wasn’t totally clear how to install Steam VR.  It did turn out to be easy enough.

I opened FC and checked the VR box in graphics.  Then closed the game.

Put the Oculus headset on and launched FC again.

Oculus Home started up, and Steam started with a box asking to install Steam VR.

Followed the Steam VR installation instructions and done.

The SPAD and Dr.1 are pretty cool in VR.  Looking forward to more scenery and airplanes.