Guncam Cinematic

Shadepiece

Nice video! Subscribed. :) 

May I ask how you got such pristine footage from the Il-2 engine? The last video I did about Flying Circus, all my external shots had pretty awful anti aliasing. Also, whenever I was recording from a flight track, if I kept the shot going too long, playback would suddenly glitch out for one second before resuming. Very annoying!

My raw recordings are in MP4 format and are look fine themselves, but whenever I import them into my video editor (Hitfilm 3 Pro), they export as really, really awfully anti aliased. :/ 

How do you capture footage? Whatever you're doing looks great!  

Thanks HotLead! I use nVidia shadowplay to capture the footage, and it's not hard to make things look good on a 1080 which I'm thankful to have. I also am recording on an ultrawide 1440p monitor which also helps a lot.

I also, have a buddy who has spent a lot of time fine tuning the nVidia control panel settings as well as the in-game settings. The settings have a very significant effect when they aren't set up well. There is a good thread on the IL-2 forums that show the optimized settings per the devs. Not sure about the track issue.

As far as editing, I did it all in shotcut, which has honestly not worked in a very long time for me. I have a friend who talked me through some export settings to get the quality, but I also realized that my CPU was over-clocked too fast, so whenever I was trying to export and process the video my computer was blue-screening! Therefore, I haven't edited a video properly in a long time. It's actually been a real bummer because, the biggest barrier for me to make more videos was a hard time finding a good video editor.

Anyhow, I'm glad to have gotten this one done!

Thanks HotLead! I use nVidia shadowplay to capture the footage, and it's not hard to make things look good on a 1080 which I'm thankful to have. I also am recording on an ultrawide 1440p monitor which also helps a lot.

I also, have a buddy who has spent a lot of time fine tuning the nVidia control panel settings as well as the in-game settings. The settings have a very significant effect when they aren't set up well. There is a good thread on the IL-2 forums that show the optimized settings per the devs. Not sure about the track issue.

As far as editing, I did it all in shotcut, which has honestly not worked in a very long time for me. I have a friend who talked me through some export settings to get the quality, but I also realized that my CPU was over-clocked too fast, so whenever I was trying to export and process the video my computer was blue-screening! Therefore, I haven't edited a video properly in a long time. It's actually been a real bummer because, the biggest barrier for me to make more videos was a hard time finding a good video editor.

Anyhow, I'm glad to have gotten this one done!

SP,

How do your buddies settings compare to the Dev suggestions? Would he be willing to share his findings and / or discuss?

S!