Off to the races

Fawlty

Hi Guy's,

Looking forward to getting together with you for some good online racing, both on our server and yours.

Can't say I'm all that good but there are a few in our group that will give you all a good competitive race.

Next Assetto Corsa meet for us is this Monday at 1800pst

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/oldfokkers/monday-feb-11th-1st-race-t4224.html

Cheers

Fawlty

Hi Fawlty, from an old friend (Hawkeye).   I don't race but it's great to see that you and the Old Fokkers are still around!  You helped me a lot back in the day and I won't soon forget that.

S!

Hey Hawkeye, good to see you again.

Ya OF's still around but more as a forum to communicate events but not much flying anymore at least for me.

We schedule racing on Monday's, Arma3 / Insurgency Sandstorm on Wed. and Sat. so that keeps us busy.

Did you ever get any use out of those ROF missions I tried to get to you via SimHQ. Man I think of the hours invested in mission building, crazy but fun.

Snaggle, thanks for this weeks racing invite, Unfortunately Wed. is a scheduled Arma 3 night for a number of us so won't be able to make it.

I do hope to link up soon though.

Cheers Guys

Fawlty

....Did you ever get any use out of those ROF missions I tried to get to you via SimHQ. Man I think of the hours invested in mission building, crazy but fun....

Thanks so much for thinking of me!  Unfortunately I spend zero time on other forums anymore....not even the ones I should, like the RoF one and the Box one.  Somebody always lets me know the important news anyway here, and the rest I kind of got depressed at reading....all those toxic hate messages and complaining messages.  I stick to our own forum here in my own little world, and try to stay clear of the other stuff.  If those communications took place back in the days we were still interacting, I'm sure I must have added them to my Missions folder.  But if it was more recently, than I think I must have missed those.....sorry!!

I want to thank you for the time you spent with me helping me with overclocking back then.  That Core 2 Quad machine was maybe the best I ever put together and it performed flawlessly at higher speeds, thanks to your help, for what seemed like 10 years or more.

S!

Snaggle, thanks for this weeks racing invite, Unfortunately Wed. is a scheduled Arma 3 night for a number of us so won't be able to make it.

I do hope to link up soon though.

Cheers Guys

Fawlty

We will eventually be moving our night when the WWII flying kicks off, I will let you know when the night moves hope to link up soon.

Snag

• 1 month later...

Ex-Grand Prix Legends racer here. Spent years on GPL. Fantastic experience, even with dial-up internet!

Profile name was 'Playtime'. Worked on the '65 mod that was released and was working on a '55 mod when work commits became too much and had to drop off.

Your videos from Rouen and Spa have made me realise the bug is still there. Unfortunately the equipment is not!

At some point I will get wheel/pedals and again try imitate our national icons McLaren, Hulme, Amon.

US103_Hobbs races as well (rfactor F2), so who knows, maybe we can try challenge you guys on the track as well as the air ;)

Anyway, loving the videos. All the best.

Baer

Baer,

We race with the Old Fokkers on Monday night's.

Would welcome any of 103 personnel if they want to join.

We run Assetto Corsa, seems to be the popular simulation title due to it's wide range of cars and mods available!

Videos being provided by our resident video expert, JG1_Lipfert!!

He does a good job!!

Hope to see you on the track one day soon!

Ex-Grand Prix Legends racer here. Spent years on GPL. Fantastic experience, even with dial-up internet!

Profile name was 'Playtime'. Worked on the '65 mod that was released and was working on a '55 mod when work commits became too much and had to drop off.

Your videos from Rouen and Spa have made me realise the bug is still there. Unfortunately the equipment is not!

At some point I will get wheel/pedals and again try imitate our national icons McLaren, Hulme, Amon.

US103_Hobbs races as well (rfactor F2), so who knows, maybe we can try challenge you guys on the track as well as the air ;)

Anyway, loving the videos. All the best.

Baer

Baer,

I raced GPL as "ac_skinner" and founded G.R.O.W.L. with "pjmy" which ran for a number of seasons. This was mostly based on Warbirds players back in the day.

It would be fantastic to get a full grid of players for racing, we could actually pick teams between JG1, Old Fokkers and US103.

Racing in VR is unbelievable.....

S!