Sign in to follow this  
Moxy

JG1/WingWalkers campaiging

Spins were actually part of our curriculum in school.  You had to demonstrate you could enter and recover in a phase check before we were allowed to continue on in our training in Professional Pilot I.  This first one was done in a 172.  In Professional Pilot 4, we had to do it again, this time in a Citabria as part of our Flight Instructor training

Question:

Was going to use the last mission (3-36), and fly it tonight on WW for practice.  Couple pilots asked me to add some extra planes, which I did.  I also changed the weather.  Mission finally loaded on dserver, (took about 10 mins), but pilots were sitting forever on loading screen, so took out the new planes, but forgot about the weather.  Finally got the mission to load up on dserver, but load times for pilots to get the mission up was around 15 mins.....

Are there any issues you know about with modifying the mission?  I know it is big, but 15 mins is a long time for a mission to load.  Once loaded, it played fine.

hey gents

new to the birds made of metal and hydraulic lines. used to my spandaus and three winged flying kite. but feeling pretty comfy in these enclosed cockpits of the bf109 and fw190s. do I need to register for ghost skies? I already registered on TAW last night.

hey gents

new to the birds made of metal and hydraulic lines. used to my spandaus and three winged flying kite. but feeling pretty comfy in these enclosed cockpits of the bf109 and fw190s. do I need to register for ghost skies? I already registered on TAW last night.

No as a JG1 member you are all ready in. Moxy is the one who designed it and is running it. Right now we are in testing phase. It runs for 2 hours Wed night 1:30 Zulu. So if you can make that would be awesome. Don't worry too much about being new to WWII this is still in the testing phase so just look at it as a live practice. 

I already registered on TAW last night.

I added you to the squadron on TAW, however, your naming convention is a little off of the standard for Oesau. Switching between FC and BoX is the difficulty in maintaining the login differences.

Wingwalkers checking in.  So the test tourney is over?  Sorry I have not been flying lately but please let us know if there are any next steps. 

If you guys want to have a "post mortem" debrief we are happy to participate.

Moxy is out of town and I will (hopefully) launch the mission. I believe it is the continuation from last week (the second in rotation) where there should be a tank battle. 

I don't know how things are going to go in the future since Coconut has said that he is taking an "extended" break and he won't be updating the software. We should probably have a discussion. 

Not sure what the Battlefield Marshall thing is but it might be applicable to a tournament.

"A little later in the developer’s diaries we are planning to tell in detail about a new big "feature" of the multiplayer game - the "Battlefield Marshal" mode, the development of which is almost completed and will soon move to the testing and debugging phase." 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-753649

I wonder if it’s like ArmA’s Zeus? Hopefully it’s more like DCS’s Combined Arms command where you can direct ground units on the go.

That is what I'm hoping for. It would make campaigns more diverse.

Posted this on WW website just now:

"I'm not sure if there's a point to doing our Dyncampaign tonight considering Coconut not updating anything. We will be having a command meeting to discuss as soon as Moxy gets back.

That being said, I can launch it tonight if y'all want to do it. Alternatively, if you want to launch one of your missions I'm sure whatever JG1s show up (and myself) would love to fly with you guys."

Link:

https://www.wingwalkers.org/topic/6597-4-10/