Lowengrin

DCG 3.50 Open Beta

Yes, depending on the mod you are using....

First you have to find the supporting DCG files for that mod (if they exist) and add them.  Then you can either just generate a stock campaign and then use the DCG app to change your plane.  Or you can modify the campaign files and then generate a new campaign.  (There are instructions on how to modify/create campaigns around here somewhere....)*

If there are no DCG files to support the mod, then it's a lot more work because then you'll have to modify the stock ones for the modded planes.

*Edit: Look for Lonestar's campaign design document here.

Ahh interesting, I'm running BAT at the moment. I'm not sure if it will work with that or not. Ill have a poke around the forum when I get the chance. :) Running a bit over my head sometimes. :P New to the whole modding side of Il2.

Anyone encounter problems concerning class file and/or landing location?

It seems to me anytime I made changes to class file on aircraft category via dcg panel, dcg generated faulty missions (aircraft exploded on the ground)

Further, I'm having problem getting dcg to land troops at a harbor location. I noticed there are two new items on the ground war editor namely axis/allied naval supply locations. Any implications resulting from these changes?

Cheers

I'll check if there's a bug in the save routine of the class file when it comes to the aircraft category that's slipping an error into the mission generation (causing the explosions).

As for the troops landing.  I can't really say for sure without knowing which scenario (and is it a stock one or a 3rd party).  The naval supply locations should have no impact on troops landing.  It's just to set the spawning point of ships for each side.

Static planes are a bit of a special type of object (as they spawn depending on which side controls the base and what aircraft are based there), but they should be removable with that time table command...so it's an "unwanted feature" of their having some special code.  I'll look at it.

On 6/2/2020 at 2:20 AM, Bawo2019 said:

Anyone encounter problems concerning class file and/or landing location?

It seems to me anytime I made changes to class file on aircraft category via dcg panel, dcg generated faulty missions (aircraft exploded on the ground)

I can find no evidence that these explosions are the result of changing the aircraft category in DCG.  Are you using a mod...?

5 hours ago, Lowengrin said:

I can find no evidence that these explosions are the result of changing the aircraft category in DCG.  Are you using a mod...?

Its a small third party campaign of mine. All aircraft, ships and vehicles are stock but i am using btm pacific islands retextured map plus up_boomers objects on 4.13.4 with latest sas modact. I'll continue tweaking the campaign files using the new beta, maybe cutting it down to "skeleton campaign" 😁 to find the fault

Cheers

Ok.. it seems ive located the problem... It seems, indeed as you pointed out, a loadout mod that i co installed with japancats  otherwise excellent a6m pack. Though i didnt use the mods aircraft, i did use Japanese 250 kg bombs to equip stock ki 45 in anti shipping role. I belive this may cause dcg to generate the faulty mission. After removing the newpayload command the problem dissapears.

Cheers