Jump to content
arquillos

[DCG 3.50Beta2] - Flight and Plane not correct :(

Recommended Posts

Hi! 

   THIS IS NOT a DCG bug but something related with my BAT 3.6.1 installation that is making me mad.

 

Everytime I created a campaign (or a Optional 3rd party...) in the first mission created the briefing text is correct but the Flight and Plane selected by default are not correct.

Per example...a newGerman Lvov41 campaign. The briefing shows the correct plane: BF-109 but the Flight and Squadron shows and incorrect one.

NOTE: If I try to select the correct flight, when I click "Start" everything goes mad :)

 

NOTE: When I try to reproduce the error, I get different Flights and Planes.

 

NOTE: I have tried with DCG v3.49 and DCG 3.50Beta 2

 

I know that this is something from my installation...but have you got any clue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I've never used BAT.  I have noticed that when I generate a campaign and then immediately generate another one using the same basic parameters, the game does keep the original briefing.  Doubt this is your issue, but it bugs me.   :angry: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul, we discussed the matter at another forum, as arquillos was trying to start a campaign designed by me. 

 

There is in the DGEN squadronsxxx file:

 

I_JG1

 

And in the squadids.dcg:

 

I_JG1                   I./JG 1

 

 

Yet when he selects the squadron, a line appears in dcgerror.txt when the campaign is created:

 

No entry found for Player Squadron in the squadids.dcg file. 

 

 

Everything works fine on my end and I have not received any reports of this happening to anyone else. 

 

Also. from the dcgerror.txt:

 

The aircraft assigned to 2H_12a0 is not present in the class file. A substitution has been made.

 

Needless to say,  the aircraft assigned to 2H_12a0 is present in the class file and is working in my installation... 

 

 

He said the same thing also happened when trying to start stock Lvov41 campaign :o

 

 

I have no idea what is happening. Perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling DCG might help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the aircraft assigned to the squadron in the class.dcg file?  If so, is the aircraft denoted as AI-only?  If not, is there a skin folder for that aircraft?  If so, does the name match the name in the class.dcg file?  If so, does the multiplayer id, match the folder name?  If not, does the id appear in the staticplanes.dcg file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Lowengrin and Shakaali!

 

It Works now!!!!

 

Finally, after much investigation, I came to this conclusions:

1.- IL-2 DGEN folder has never been modified nor updated by IL-2 official pathces (from 4.08m+) or by B.A.T. installation.

   dgen folder size: 41.226.609 bytes

2.- IL-2 dgen.exe too.

   dgen.exe size: 1.396.736 bytes, v4.0.0.9 (2004)

 

So I deleted the folder and the executable and "reinstalled" the original ones.

 

After that everything works as expected (tried with the BoF campaign).

 

I suposse that I had a DGEN folder mixed up with any other campaign/test or whatever...I don´t think it was related to the "exe" file...but who knows. Changing both of them made it works again.

 

Thank you again!

 

Lowengrin keep up with this incredible add-on :)

Shakaali keep up with your DCG campaigns :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...