Archibald: Application

Archibald

• What is your Timezone? EST

Do you have a joystick or HOTAS? Joystick with HOTAS

Do you have TeamSpeak installed, as well as a working microphone? Yes

Do you have TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control? No

What sims are you currently flying? IL2 1946, IL2 Cliffs of Dover, Rise of Flight (Primarily) 

How did you hear about JG1? I think there is a possibility that this is the descendant of the squadron I flew with back in 1999-2000 when I was playing Red Baron 2.  My pilot name back then was Paradox1 if anyone remembers.  I just got into Rise of Flight recently and forgot how much I missed flying rickety old aircraft with buddies.  I found this squadron on the Rise of Flight forums.  

Is there anything else that you'd like us to know? I'm an active duty Gunnery Sgt. in the USMC.  I currently work at Cunningham Field, Cherry Point, the birthplace of Marine Aviation.  

Welcome back, Archibald/Paradox1. This is not just a descendent, it is still the same organization continued over the last 27 years.

I’ve worked out of Cherry Point, once, with VMU-2 back in ‘07/‘08.

Look for an email from our CO, Klaiber.

How did you hear about JG1? I think there is a possibility that this is the descendant of the squadron I flew with back in 1999-2000 when I was playing Red Baron 2.  My pilot name back then was Paradox1 if anyone remembers.  I just got into Rise of Flight recently and forgot how much I missed flying rickety old aircraft with buddies.  I found this squadron on the Rise of Flight forums.

Do you remember which Jasta you flew with in JG1?  Or perhaps who your CO was?  Just curious.

I actually have no idea what squadron I was with when flying in RB2.  I've been trying to remember how the hell I played multi in RB2 to begin with.  It was a German squadron and we called ourselves the black something or other.  Black Vegetable?  (For those that get that reference, bonus points)

We flew competitions and had tournament trees and everything.  I seemed to be quite good with the Albatross D. III? back then.  It's hard to remember.  I've had a lot pushed through my brain housing group since then.  I've been trying to find something on it on the computer box thing and google machine, but to no avail.  

Indeed! There's a number of BH alumni here, some of whom may go back to Red Baron days.

I never did fly RB, but was formerly BH_Dudley (Jasta 16b) and flew RoF with BH for many years.

However, as activity at BH wound down, I loitered more and more with JG1 and only officially joined here a little over a year ago.

Sad to leave BH, but JG1 is a great and lively crew -- I'm very happy here!

Welcome Archie!

FYI:There's still a BH forum at http://blackhazesquad.proboards.com/ but it's very quiet; last post was Sept 2018.

Archibald, though it is possible that you could run into our members on the training server at various times of the day, most training events are scheduled between the recruit and the instructor. However, it is a higher probability that pilots meeting online, outside of scheduled practice times, can be found in more populated multiplayer servers.

In order to locate pilots currently flying, it would be best to log into TeamSpeak and see if anyone is in the appropriate channels (Richthofen for WWI, Oesau for WWII, Schmenkel for Cold War+). With the recruit access that Klaiber has given you, you should be able to find the TS information pinned in a thread for Communication found in JG1 Combined Ops.