Sign in to follow this  
Firefly

Firefly reporting in

Hello fellow fliers!

I'm looking for a mature group of people to play DCS with on a regular basis. My interests lie in Cold War-era Eastern Bloc kit as well as WW2 prop aircraft. At present the Fishbed is my go-to module, though given an opportunity I'd happily fly the Fagot on a Korean War server. I am also planning on purchasing some WW2 modules, particularly late-war Soviet props (if they ever get released that is). 

I may have met some of you when flying in good old IL-2 at the turn of the century. My first PC sim was Microprose Dogfights, which I played at the ripe old age of 5, about a quarter of a century ago. I've had a long break from PC flying, but am now fully committed to DCS. The only other games I play on a semi-regular basis are HBS' Battletech and Paradox's grand strategy titles (EU4, HoI4). 

Timezone: GMT+1 (Warsaw, Poland)

HOTAS: CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals

Voice comms: Teamspeak 3, Discord, SimpleRadio, SteelSeries Arctis 5 headset

View tracker: TrackIR 5

Current sims: DCS 2.5

DCS modules: MiG-15, MiG-21, Ka-50**, Flaming Cliffs 3, WW2 assets pack, all maps

How did I hear about JG1? I met some of your members on Alpenwolf's Cold War server, as well as on the DCS forums. I then did some research and found this page. 

Anything else? I was surprised to learn that the squadron is almost as old as I am! As mentioned above, my primary interests in history are WW2 and the Cold War period, which is why I'm directing this application to JG-1 "Fritz Schmenkel" to fly MiGs and - hopefully, one day - WW2 Soviet aircraft in DCS.

Important! As a lifelong chatterbox, I'm physically incapable of shutting up. If I do, this means I'm either sleeping, eating or lying dead. You've been warned! 

I'd be happy to answer any of your questions and go out in a MiG-21 for a few check flights on a Cold War server. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

S! 

Firefly

* Waiting for Razbam to finish development of the Farmer before I make the decision to purchase it. 

** Still don't know how to fly the bloody thing, the buttons are killing me!

Welcome to the forum, Firefly. If you’re looking for MiG-21 lovers that span European and American timezones, you've found the right place.

Our Commander will be along this thread shortly and will be sending you some emails, as well.