Sign in to follow this  
Fhechene

Air starts waypoints 0 a little farther and check where convoy starts

Hi!
Sometimes, flights that airstart crash because they start too close. Could you make them start just a little farther? It's weird because most of the time they start far enough to not crash into each other, but only sometimes, they start and crash.

Other thing: Today a convoy and a tank column started way inside enemy territory, far away from the front. They will get obliverated by airplanes, of course. Now, how difficult would it be to check that this doesn't happen?

Thanks! You rock!-

Are you using the latest beta when you say sometimes they start too close and crash?  There was an issue with an earlier build, but I think/hope I've fixed it with the most recent beta.

Truck convoys and tanks shouldn't start deep inside enemy territory.  They should only start in friendly and/or contested areas and only if in friendly territory, should they advance to enemy territory (making it contested).  A single vehicle may advance into enemy territory (as a scout), but never a column.

On 5/30/2019 at 3:37 AM, Lowengrin said:

Are you using the latest beta when you say sometimes they start too close and crash?  There was an issue with an earlier build, but I think/hope I've fixed it with the most recent beta.

Truck convoys and tanks shouldn't start deep inside enemy territory.  They should only start in friendly and/or contested areas and only if in friendly territory, should they advance to enemy territory (making it contested).  A single vehicle may advance into enemy territory (as a scout), but never a column.

I was using 50b3.

And regarding trucks and convoys, in the previous mission they were far, far away from the place the appeared in that mission. Wanna see a screenshot?

50b3.  Ouch!  Okay, back to the drawing board.

As for the trucks, did you happen to know the start locations of the two missions?  Is it just a really long road route?  (Or an edit in the .rds file between missions?)

Maybe, but the side controlling the location was Germany, and those Chiefs were Allied.

Tangentially related: now that you mention it, does the word Factory only has to be in the name of the location? For example, could I name a location sdfuysfkjh_Factory_fjghsddsg and would work as a Factory the same as Factory_AaAa and BbBbB_Factory?