Sign in to follow this  
Klaiber

JG I "Richthofen" - FIF2019 "Spring Campaign" Session A3 (25 May 2019)

S! All,

The following JG I pilots are being recognized for their actions during Session A3 of Flanders In Flames 2019 "Spring Campaign" (flown on 25 May 2019).

Congratulations!

. . .

Order Pour Le Mérite
OrderPourLeM%C3%A9rite.png

• Oblt. Richard (Vonrd) Ausweichen, Jasta 10 (session #A3, 25 May 2019), for the destruction of 21 ground targets within one streak.

Saxon Knight's Cross of the Military Order of St. Henry
SaxonKnightsCrossMilitaryOrderStHenry.pn

• Fw. Lothar Loopy, Jasta 10 (session #A3, 25 May 2019), for conspicuous personal bravery on the battlefield or, more frequently in the case of officers of higher rank, for merit in positions of great responsibility [esprit de corps & "ace in a day" status - 5 air victories in FIF 2019 Spring Session A3].

German Army Report
German-Army-Report.png?dl=0

• Hptm. Fritz Butzzell, Jasta 11 (session #A3, 25 May 2019), posthumously, for gallantry in battle, but also extraordinary fidelity and essential service. [esprit de corps & good streak - 1 air victory, 2 ground victories and 1 wounded-in-action, over 2 sorties.]
  • Hptm. Wilhelm (Wiley) Luftritter, Jasta 4 (session #A3, 23 March 2019), posthumously, for gallantry in battle, but also extraordinary fidelity and essential service. [esprit de corps & good streak - 2 air victories and 1 wounded-in-action, over 3 sorties.]

Congratulations Loopy... Ace in a Day! Well done!

Butzz and Luft... your families will be proud of your selfless sacrifice  😪

I'm honored for the Max and will gladly accept it but I feel I had a bit of an unfair advantage over the other 2 seat pilots. I've been flying exclusively as a bomber puke for the last many missions (I forget for how long) where there is the opportunity to rack up lots of kills in one session as opposed to those doing recon, spy, prison rescue or General capture. Those are pretty much one point missions with a great amount of risk.

It also helps to have flight members who are Flak magnets who will sponge up the AAA while I get to waltz in for the kill (thanks Butzz  😉).

I'm really in awe of those who got the Max in air to air... 

That being said... Thank You!

I will wear it proudly.

Salute!

To the O Club for beers all around (enlisted ranks are welcome for tonight)  🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷