Sign in to follow this  
Kuckoo

Question about Supply Column Types

Are we still restricted to using the old Type I and II supply columns for resupply, or are the more recent , larger columns in the sim available for resupply in DCG?

Thanks!  :)

Thank you.

So the user can now customize column types by changing the number and type of individual vehicles in a column?  Wow, nice.  :)

Sorry if this is a noob question.  Been away from IL-2 and DCG for a long while and I've got a lot of catching up to do.  Having to re-educate myself on how DCG works, and I'm interested in putting some of the gorgeous new large maps in 4.14 to proper use.

I love the flexibility of your program.  Thank you!

The customization of the column's individual vehicles is only for when they are "deployed" for combat (in other words, converted to static objects).  When they are acting as mobile columns, they'll appear as per the game.  This little feature was added initially for multiplayer dogfight mode (where there were no mobile columns, only static objects) and then expanded for campaign mode so that each side could have mobile artillery (so a campaign designer wouldn't have to add static artillery to each and every location).  For example:

[GermanyCarsColumnC] Default/Artillery
artillery.Artillery$Armor.4-PzIIF
stationary.Stationary$OpelKadett
artillery.Artillery$SdKfz251
artillery.Artillery$Howitzer_150mm
artillery.Artillery$OpelBlitzMaultierAA

When this column is static, two of the vehicles "convert" into 150mm Howitzers which are trained on the enemy's nearest position.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:07 PM, Lowengrin said:

The customization of the column's individual vehicles is only for when they are "deployed" for combat (in other words, converted to static objects).  When they are acting as mobile columns, they'll appear as per the game.  This little feature was added initially for multiplayer dogfight mode (where there were no mobile columns, only static objects) and then expanded for campaign mode so that each side could have mobile artillery (so a campaign designer wouldn't have to add static artillery to each and every location).  For example:

When this column is static, two of the vehicles "convert" into 150mm Howitzers which are trained on the enemy's nearest position.

So the static artillery/objects don't actually need to correspond to the columns? So GermanyCarsColumnC could place japanese cars, for example?

On 6/14/2019 at 9:07 AM, Lowengrin said:

So, a 60 ton column is set in the master .mis file as supply, and will always appear as they normally would in-game.

But once they've reached their destination during a DCG mission, they'll convert to a number of deployed guns only per the number of vehicles specified in said column's corresponding field in the carcolums.dcg file.  Am I getting this?

Thanks.

So, a 60 ton column is set in the master .mis file as supply, and will always appear as they normally would in-game.

But once they've reached their destination during a DCG mission, they'll convert to a number of deployed guns only per the number of vehicles specified in said column's corresponding field in the carcolums.dcg file.  Am I getting this?

You got it!  :)