Sign in to follow this  
Lee

Microsoft Flight Simulator Back.

Word on the AH2 forums is that MS is going to pull the same market strategy that they tried with MS flight, pay for each small section of earth you wish to fly into, as well as additional aircraft, locking it out so only they and 3rd party who pays them for the "privilege" to make additional aircraft.  Some are also saying that they may also try the "Service" route and charge $10 per month to access the sim

Windows 10 has access to the X-Box store I guess.  I wouldn’t know, I’m still on 7.  Playing a flight sim never really appealed to me especially after I got a hold of a combat flight sim.   Idk what it is, but if you take away the risk of getting bounced or being shot at by AAA suddenly I’m not interested.  It’s kinda like hot lapping in a racing sim.  Take away the other cars and  I get bored very quickly.  

But ai know now a few people, personally, who would get a lot of fun out of this.  I can’t wait to get these kind of graphics in something like IL-2.

I pre-ordered. Anyone else?  TrackIR will be supported at release and VR maybe by October, with the HP Reverb the first supported headset.  I see Thrustmaster is releasing an Airbus side-stick version of the T.16000 and an Airbus style dual throttle, likely motivated by the FS 2020 release.  

Currently busy doing some clean-up and maintenance on my flight sim workstation.

1 hour ago, Lee said:

I pre-ordered. Anyone else?  TrackIR will be supported at release and VR maybe by October, with the HP Reverb the first supported headset.  I see Thrustmaster is releasing an Airbus side-stick version of the T.16000 and an Airbus style dual throttle, likely motivated by the FS 2020 release.  

Currently busy doing some clean-up and maintenance on my flight sim workstation.

Lee,

Not yet, just working on the new release by Team Fusion. I'll circle back, as I would like to run an Air Transport career in a DC-3 or something similar.

S!

I have not pre-ordered, but I'll be buying next week.  I have a new Air Hauler 2 Company set up, based out of KMKE, and ready for the new sim.  Bonanza to start, hauling cargo.  Then I'll reconfigure the Bonanza for passengers, pick up a Baron to go with it, and a Caravan for cargo.

6 hours ago, Lee said:

I pre-ordered. Anyone else?

S! Lee,

I might go for it... I just hope that the game interface and gameplay will be as good has the look and feel of this new version.
On my part, I might try to use a 210 (with a special fuel gas tank)... and try to cross the Atlantic from the North to reach Iceland, and then the North part of Europe!

=GenMarkof007=

I've never flown a civilian flight simulator but this looks like it could be really good for my basic handling skills etc. Might want to get in some LSA's or UL's out of my local regional airport I have here and fly around town! 

On 8/12/2020 at 1:25 PM, Britchot said:

I love the civilian flight sim aspect of flying procedures. Military sims are exciting but mostly people just get up and get to shooting each other in the face. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if some military flight sim pilots have never actually landed a plane, other than In a burning heap of rubble.

I’m hoping the scenery is as good as promised.  Visit the airports I used to fly gliders out of, fly over all the relatives houses, fly over and visit interesting places. 

The graphical fidelity on display here is something I never expected to see with the current crop of simulators. After Microsoft shut down the studio responsible for MSFS several years back I never thought I'd see another entry. Very much looking forward to flying in the new one. Will take me back to my sadly limited time flying the Cessna 152 Aerobat for my PPL, wonder if you can customise your aircraft reg? Mine was G-BFGL. Would be good to fly her again, even if it is virtually.

As for buying it, I will soon(tm). Money is a little tight this month having splashed out on a few other purchases.