JG-1 "Fritz Schmenkel" - Operation: Red Alert (16 June 2019)

Klaiber

S! All,

The following JG-I pilots are being recognized for their actions during the Operation: Red Alert event (flown on 16 June 2019 on the Cold War server), as well as long term service to the squadron.

Congratulations!

. . .

Distinguished Service Medal of the National People's Army in Silver
DDRDistinguishedServiceMedalSilver.png?d

• Oblt. Johann (Jonne) Engel, 2.Jagdstaffel (16 June 2019), for continued outstanding merit and personal readiness in support of the increase of combat capability and combat readiness of JG-1 [for outstanding leadership, tactical planning, and esprit de corps].

Distinguished Service Medal of the National People's Army in Bronze
DDRDistinguishedServiceMedalBronze.png?d

• Maj. Gerhard (Britchot) Heiberger, 1.Jagdstaffel (16 June 2019), for outstanding merit and personal readiness in support of the increase of combat capability and combat readiness of JG-1 [esprit de corps]
  • Ult. Mattäus Erhardt, 2.Jagdstaffel (16 June 2019), for outstanding merit and personal readiness in support of the increase of combat capability and combat readiness of JG-1 [esprit de corps]
  • Offz.-S., 1 Bruno (Firefly) Henschel, 2.Jagdstaffel (16 June 2019), for outstanding merit and personal readiness in support of the increase of combat capability and combat readiness of JG-1 [esprit de corps]

Medal For Faithful Service in the National People’s Army in Bronze

DDRFaithfulServiceBronze5.png?dl=0

• Obstlt. Georg Klaiber, 1.Jagdstaffel (16 June 2019), for 5 years of active service to JG-1 (2014).
  • Maj. Gerhard (Britchot) Heiberger, 1.Jagdstaffel (16 June 2019), for 5 years of active service to JG-1 (2014).
  • Lt. Karl (Trev) Spackler, 1.Jagdstaffel (16 June 2019),  for 5 years of active service to JG-1 (2014).
  • Ult. Mattäus Erhardt, 2.Jagdstaffel (16 June 2019), for 5 years of active service to JG-1 (2014).

Thanks BvM!  Everyone told me how much fun it was to run interference for your flight.  We honestly should do this more often!

If you're interested, here is @Britchot's stream of the event: 

Watch [DCS] Red Alert in the MiG-21bis. Live network test. from Britchot on www.twitch.tv

We're hoping to get some more dedicated dead-is-dead missions going in the future.  Would you and others be interested?

I'm in the process of contacting Alpenwolf and the 104th.  I'll keep you posted.

5 hours ago, Klaiber said:

We honestly should do this more often!

Sure! 

If you're interested, here is @Britchot's stream of the event.

Thanks a lot! That was interesting to look at that events from the other side of our team. Followed 💪

We're hoping to get some more dedicated dead-is-dead missions going in the future.  Would you and others be interested?

I'm in the process of contacting Alpenwolf and the 104th.  I'll keep you posted.

I'm interested 100% in it! What plane set is planned for such missions? If there will be early planes, I can guarantee to bring 4-6 pilots with. If it'll be a modern one - I can surely bring more pilots.