Sign in to follow this  
Britchot

Pick Up Group (PUG) Announcements

S! Herr Gen
It seems we are at the same stage with Mig 21, so will be awesome make it together. .
Before starting with weapons how about navigation first?
I´ll watch some video about navigation and weapon during the week and start to practice Sunday night (I hope 🙏)

S! All JG1 pilots,

For those that would like to learn navigating over the Kuban map (for the Rule the sky operation starting next week).
I will be online tonight on the AKA Expert server (since we can fly on the Kuban map, mostly alone with AI enemies) around 9pm eastern.

Remember, the WW server will be in Expert mode, meaning that you won't be able to see any icon's on the map and we are starting the first week in Winter 1942 (yes, just a white ground, even over rivers! Since most of our planes are paid with resources, why not start flying from our (4) German Airfield and learn the Kuban map.

Hope to see you up over the Russian sky!

Cheers,
Gen

When: Sept. 25 @ 9 pm eastern time
Il2 MP Server: AKA Expert Server (with AI)
Map: Kuban

1 hour ago, GenMarkof007 said:

S! All JG1 pilots,

For those that would like to learn navigating over the Kuban map (for the Rule the sky operation starting next week).
I will be online tonight on the AKA Expert server (since we can fly on the Kuban map, mostly alone with AI enemies) around 9pm eastern.

Remember, the WW server will be in Expert mode, meaning that you won't be able to see any icon's on the map and we are starting the first week in Winter 1942 (yes, just a white ground, even over rivers! Since most of our planes are paid with resources, why not start flying from our (4) German Airfield and learn the Kuban map.

Hope to see you up over the Russian sky!

Cheers,
Gen

When: Sept. 25 @ 9 pm eastern time
Il2 MP Server: AKA Expert Server (with AI)
Map: Kuban

It's a good idea Gen, however Wed night is normally dedicated to testing Kliegmann's campaign and, IMHO we don't want to abandon that in favor of Wing Walker's. I think that Klieg will confirm that it is getting very close to being viable but numbers of pilots are needed to test the various missions mechanics.

2 hours ago, GenMarkof007 said:

I'll let all pilots decide what they want to do tonight.

Pilots interested in flying IL-2 tonight should join the scheduled practice and Klieg's campaign.

Perhaps another night can be found to practice Kuban navigation.

Klieg's campaign is getting really close to being ready. What he needs is numbers of pilots to test the mechanics... one or two pilots is just not enough. Please show our support for his hard work in our behalf and attend the testing tonight (if it's still happening... Klieg? Are we still on?).

Regarding still on?  I dont know.  My daughter's b-day is today, and I am unsure when I'll get back.  She typically goes to bed by 8pm, so I am banking on that to be back by.  Regarding being close, yes VERY close.  I've been plowing away at it over the last week, and added the northern battle ground.  The northern battleground (at this time), aside from airdropped AT guns, is AI free, meaning it is a Player Only fight.  Just so one side doesn't think of getting the drop on another, and take a territory unopposed, anyone who spawns into a tank, on either side, kicks off a random timer to announce the attack to the opposing side.  It wont be long before the 3rd and 4th Panzer Gruppe, along with Luftflotte 2, and the Russian 5th and 30th Army with their VVS will rain destruction across the Russian countryside

4 hours ago, Klaiber said:

Pilots interested in flying IL-2 tonight should join the scheduled practice and Klieg's campaign.

Perhaps another night can be found to practice Kuban navigation.

I honesty thought the Kuban navigation was to take place in the 30 minutes prior to the scheduled practice (9:30pm Eastern) and let the posting stand.  As pilots filtered in for practice, it would sort itself out. 

11 hours ago, Vonrd said:

Klieg's campaign is getting really close to being ready. What he needs is numbers of pilots to test the mechanics... one or two pilots is just not enough. Please show our support for his hard work in our behalf and attend the testing tonight (if it's still happening... Klieg? Are we still on?).

Guys, I can only repeat myself: If testing needs to be intensified please think about let the server with the mission run in UTC evening times and distribute  test tasks via private forum (incl. the PW to the server)!

At the moment I fly most time scripted campaigns offline as flying allone on WW2 servers (where other pilots operating in teams) comes close to suicide missions most times. I would be really happy to have some variety in my playing time and can contribute something usefull...

Here in good old europe we could execute the test cases that should produce a certain situation on a specific object and post mission reports (=tast case results), before you use your practice events to check if the outcome after mission rotation is as expected. One thing that would be very helfpull of course is a working stats page to be able to check mission logs, etc.

Meeting for (and streaming) some MiG-21 online combat with Klaiber in preparation for this Saturday's tourney.  This will be "advanced" air to air tactics against technologically superior fighters and weapon systems.

However, we'll be in TS and my server will be up for those that wish to practice in peace or have questions. 

A reminder of the Wing Walkers tournament starting tomorrow - Tues 10/8/19 at 9:00 PM Eastern. Try to be there on JG1 TS 30 min prior... (easy for me to say... I most likely will be late... back on overtime 😥).