Britchot

Pick Up Group (PUG) Announcements

WW2 - High Level Bombing mission practice - unofficial
-------------

S! All,

Since Wednesday Night is a pretty slow night... if anyone would like to practice some WW2 High Level Bombing.
Feel free to join me tonight around (8 pm eastern time) and try out one or two missions on IL2 MP servers.

- HE 111 engine management - take off - flying
- Finding the target  (with navigation) and setting up bombsight before reaching target
- Returning back the bombers to base and landing

Remember, this is to learn, and having fun flying the HE 111.

Cheers,
Gen

unofficial.png.796470c824e0f96abd82e19970426fd8.png

7 hours ago, Karl Spackler said:

What do you have going on tomorrow? I’m off all day. Need to get serious about the Tomcat. 

Unfortunately, my evening is completely full. But I do plan on making the regular practice. Maybe we can do some Tomcat action there ;) .

i know its late but gonna jump on the cold war serer for a couple if any one wants to join me. wasnt felling to well yesterday but sod it im getting some a 21 fix before work tomorrow. im on TS 😀

After the cold war server died when the map flipped, i went on GS (ok i know lol) and took the tomcat up for a quick fly. omg i now remember why it was a day 1 purchase and how much i had forgotten , she deffo is gonna get some more stick time. 😀

34 minutes ago, Britchot said:

Trev and I flew the Tomcat yesterday morning, as a crew.  I have a lot of remapping to do because of the LANTIRN, but it was a lot of fun running the radar.

The Tomcat is just so much more immersive than any other aircraft in DCS. That is a much-overused word in the sim community, but still appropriate I think. 

3 hours ago, Britchot said:

Trev and I flew the Tomcat yesterday morning, as a crew.  I have a lot of remapping to do because of the LANTIRN, but it was a lot of fun running the radar.

Cool. not flown it much with a human RIO apart from a couple of flights on release day, but we were to inexperienced so it didn't end well. One thing I did notice is that it was a lot more efficient than using Jester. Voice attack makes him a bit easier to manage, but of course DCS won't start with it enabled at the moment.

Not used LANTIRN yet or done any ground pounding tbh.

Some of us Euro Guys planning to fly TAW tonight, starting probably around 2000 UTC....

...maybe other want to join (e.g. some home workers at EST zone that simply quit the working day a little bid earlier... or others that do a flight in the lunch break 😉)