Monstertech

Heinrich

Hello,  

I want to buy the table mount from Monstertech for my Virpil MT50 Joystick.
Reasonale behind it is that the Monstertech has a flat top fitting to the table.
Therefore I can move the keyboard right to the end of the table.
While with the Virpil mount it's another 8 cm/3.15" [*] away. 
For the joystick I use the VPC desk mount in a centered position with the full VPC Flightstick Extension set clamped to the table.

Now at Monstertech they have a Pitch Adapter to improve the ergonomically grip on the joystick. The adapter comes in 3 angles sizes: 6-8-10 degrees.
I wonder what angle would be best. Any suggestions, from experience in-game or real life, what size to buy? 
All 3 was already on my mind 😀.

*is it 3.15 or 3 5/32 inch??

33 minutes ago, Heinrich said:

The adapter comes in 3 angles sizes: 6-8-10 degrees.
I wonder what angle would be best. Any suggestions, from experience in-game or real life, what size to buy? 

It all depends on how low your mount is compared to your optimum or desired hand height.  If it is already at the perfect height, well then you don't need or want any angle change.  If it is too high however....you want that down angle.  Cool really, makes it seem like a long stick!  There's really not that much difference between all three angles.  If it's too high, get the 10.  If it's almost...but not quite perfect, get the 6.  You get the idea   😀

4 minutes ago, Heinrich said:

I have deep respect how you can calculate with the Imp system. I need for everything smaller than an inch an app or the internet.

Well in electronics you get a very deep respect for the metric system; and in our world, how it relates to our stupid "imperial" system.

Back in the late 1970's or early 80's the US began to try to convert officially to the metric system, but it failed and they abandoned the attempt.  The main thing we consumers noticed was highway speed limit signs with both MPH and KPH on them; and cars had speedometer scales that showed both.  Of course now you can push a button and your digital gauge will read out either....

However any technical or science related career will quickly demonstrate how much better the metric system is.

That being said.....there is one area that I prefer our current standard, and that is in temperature.  Celsius degrees are greater than Fahrenheit degrees....and therefore not as accurate, or descriptive, IMHO.  I can feel a degree of F, and I feel like a degree of C is too much play when it comes to temperature regulation.  Although Degrees F has no real reference like degrees C does, it is a finer scale.  So I like it better.  Does that mean I couldn't live with Celsius?   No it does not.  If it meant that we got everything else, hell yeah, it's well worth it.  

I sure do wish that we had converted to metric. It would have meant that I would need only one set of sockets and wrenches...

Another gripe is "British Standard"... what an oxymoron... nothing standard about it and requires another set of tools.

Whitworth tools can be difficult to identify. For example a 1/4W wrench is the same size as a 5/16BS (British Standard) wrench, and it is .525 inches across the flats, or 13.34mm. As you can see, there is no inch or metric wrench of this size. Only a Whitworh size wrench will fit properly! Please measure for your application before ordering Whitworth tools.

Define "properly".

Even in gun measurments, you may notice that the Vickers in WWI is called a ".303", where as if you convert a 7.62 mm it is a bigger caliber.  Then you find that back then they (the British) measured the distance between the highest points of the rifling, not the bore size....what is the bore size exactly, anyway....

In the end, it's the same size round; and actually it (the Vickers) renowned for it's power, range and accuracy, for that size.  The rate of fire will always be subject to arguments, as it will on German guns too.

Everything has a tolerance.  Many, if not most folks do not understand the importance of this.  Many people here will (Razwald and others).  Definitions are important, though, there is no doubt.

8 hours ago, Luftritter said:

Define "properly".

Even in gun measurments, you may notice that the Vickers in WWI is called a ".303", where as if you convert a 7.62 mm it is a bigger caliber.  Then you find that back then they (the British) measured the distance between the highest points of the rifling, not the bore size....what is the bore size exactly, anyway....

In the end, it's the same size round; and actually it (the Vickers) renowned for it's power, range and accuracy, for that size.  The rate of fire will always be subject to arguments, as it will on German guns too.

Everything has a tolerance.  Many, if not most folks do not understand the importance of this.  Many people here will (Razwald and others).  Definitions are important, though, there is no doubt.

It's away from the OP, but looking at the amount of different cartridges in bore/length/load and ad to that a group of hunters/marksmen you can have a long evening about the best cartridge.

1 hour ago, Heinrich said:

It's away from the OP, but looking at the amount of different cartridges in bore/length/load and ad to that a group of hunters/marksmen you can have a long evening about the best cartridge.

A while back, probably while doing some kind of simple English/Metric conversions, I realized that the .303 round just didn't add up, and started researching why.  The answer was made apparent through the history of rifled artillery in the British armed forces; however, it lead to a lot more information that was surprising to me.  It included information on the historical evolution of that round....how technological advances changed the internal structure of the round and in what way it was meant to be effective in killing human beings.  It also showed legislation, treaties and agreements between countries that attempted to limit or eliminate "inhumane" ways of killing people, and how that affected the evolution of the round, and how that ended up creating the end-product that was used at that time.  Those are the rounds being shot at us from the Vickers and Lewis guns of our enemies.  I didn't really look too deeply past the German standard for measurement of caliber which made it seem like a larger round, but which wasn't.  I do remember from somewhere that the German rounds were steel jacketed instead of the softer copper used for the British rounds.  It seems to me that fact was driven by a shortage of certain metals during the war, and apparently steel was not a problem for them.  It would not surprise me to learn that some of that stuff occurred even before the war started, however.