FC New Skins Submission Thread

IRFC Hawkeye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 12:52 AM, Vonrd said:

I re-did my existing Entente skins and added ones that I didn't have. Got rid of the checkerboard in favor of yellow and black stripe theme... much easier to align on the different parts of the aircraft  😁

@Vonrd,

Can I get just these updated Entente skins of yours by themselves?  Would like to avoid the huge all-encompassing download if I can.

When and if you have time.

S!

8 hours ago, Luftritter said:

@Vonrd,

Can I get just these updated Entente skins of yours by themselves?  Would like to avoid the huge all-encompassing download if I can.

When and if you have time.

S!

Look in the last post here:

Added skins are posted as an update file... no need to d-load the full Monty  

• 4 weeks later...

@Vonrd

Halberstadt CL.II and Halberstadt CL.IIau skins.  Request to add to JG1 official skin pack.

All others:  If you have everything else and don't wish to re-download any extra files, you download the zip file linked below, unzip and place the included files in the proper game folders:

....\Program files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\skins\HalberstadtCL2

and

....\Program files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\skins\HalberstadtCL2au

Halberstadt CL.II (standard):

CL-II-top.jpg

CL-II-front-side.jpg

CL-II-rear-side.jpg

CL-II-underside.jpg

Halberstadt CL.IIau (200 HP)

CL-IIau-top.jpg

CL-IIau-front-side.jpg

CL-IIau-rear-side.jpg

CL-IIau-underside.jpg

Zip file for downloading:

Luftritter Halberstadts

@Vonrd

Sopwith Camel skin, for your approval.  Request inclusion in JG1 Official Skin Pack.

All others:  If you have everything else and don't wish to re-download any extra files, you can download the zip file linked below, unzip and place the included file in the proper game folder:

....\Program files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\skins\SopCamel

Top.jpg

F-quarter.jpg

R-quarter.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Luftritter Sopwith Camel

S!

S! All

I was working up some skins for Genmarkof. Pattern is the same on all planes.   Underside of wings is green, brown, purple.  It is a little dark in these pictures. Zip files are proper name structure. You can download here and unzip into actual skin folder. 

alb1.jpg

alb2.jpg

D71.jpg

D72.jpg

pd31.jpg

pd32.jpg

! JG1 AlbatrosD5 Genmarkof.zip ! JG1 FokkerD7 GenMarkof.zip ! JG1 FokkerD7F GenMarkof.zip ! JG1 PfalzD3a GenMarkof.zip

Revised my late war fokker dr1:

After being transferred from jasta 10... Ernst"angry goat" Kessler took his faithful and always deadly dr.1 "Desiree" with him to jasta 11. But left his exotic Late model dr1 "evil goat" with jasta 10 to keep aircraft numbers up... as well as giving him a peace of mind knowing that the next element leader would have a reliable machine to take care of his old friends. he did however brought his trusty mechanics karl timms and Christian Rueser with him to jasta 11. The two started to get frustrated with Kessler however because with only one plane being flown, repairs and patching would take all night to get her back to the flight line by dawn. knowing his mechanics were his most important assets. Kessler sent a telegram to the Fokker-Flugzeugwerke to Anthony explaining his situation. He kindly asked to place an order for the next available Dridecker. 3 weeks later, a Central transport vehicle rolled up to the aerodrome's main gate. There, under the protective cover laid a beautiful brand new dr1 in factory green streaked camouflage. Kessler ordered the gate open and hung onto the side of the truck to direct them to the appropriate hanger where Karl and Cristian  were tinkering with Desiree. the two looked stunned as they watched the new machine being unloaded. To further boost morale, Kessler told them to paint the new aircraft however they seemed fit with 3 exceptions. 1: the red cowl for jasta 11 recognition colors. 2: to have my angry goat insignia. 3: to have a similar top wing to the Dridecker he left at Jasta 10. The men got right to work assembling and painting the new machine. On January 11th, shortly after Kessler landed "Desiree" from a patrol mission of the front... the two mechanics ran into the officer's quarters to where he was quietly filling out his pilot's log with a smoke. The two with eyes gleaming with joy, playfully fought each other to relay the news. The aircraft was complete and waiting on the flight line for inspection and test flight! the three ran out the door and onto the field... where some of the ground crews were already priming the cylinders of the virgin engine. Kessler was amazed with the finished product! As he did his walk around, the two men explained their design. They understood Kessler's Patriotism so not only did they make the top wing the flag's colors but also the wheel covers as well. They painted the face with the crooked clock hands for a mustache. they said the face was suppose to represent a twisted father time... and anyone who saw it would know that their time is up! Then they explained the 3 hearts, saying it represents the good, the bad, and the dead. and finally before Kessler hoisted himself into the cockpit... he noticed the inscription "Jordyn". They said since Desiree was named after his wife... that his new dr1 should be named after his daughter. and finally the german inscription for Angry Goat on the elevators to make sure to get recognized in close combat. Elated, Kessler thanked the men and hopped into the wicker seat. He looked back at the men and said "hopefully the commander will approve of the paint scheme when he gets back to the aerodrome. But to me, this aircraft couldn't be more beautiful!

hope you all enjoy it. I will await approval before sending a dds file. but here's a few pictures from the test flight

lateupclose.jpg

latebridge.jpg

latearras.jpg

latedarkside.jpg

lateflyby.jpg

lateoverarras.jpg

At the crack of dawn, Kessler was sent to the flight line for a special test flight. Per suggestion from Anthony Fokker... He was to fly the Fokker DVIIF. After Delivering the new Dr1. Anthony warned Kessler that the Dridecker was becoming an obsolete machine in the aircraft race. It had a special paint job to it. it was an Angry Goat version of the Fairy Tale "the seven Swabians". Test flight was adequate for the most part. Kessler was quoted by saying "she flies like a tractor until she gets to altitude!" Unfortunately a serious accident occurred upon landing. witnesses said it looked like Kessler might've hit a ditch. causing the aircraft to violently ground loop and ultimately causing the destruction of the left wings, prop, and landing gear. Kessler was reported to have said that the real reason for the incident occurring was "Being so use to a rotary engine and a blip switch, I must've been traveling to fast on final approach. I cut the engine off early to compensate... but it was to late to recover." Kessler was sent to the medic tent for minor injuries making him unelidable for sunday's sortie. but should be back in the air tomorrow. as for the DVIIF... it was hauled back to the maintenance hanger and will go through a very extensive rebuild. Sgt. Kessler added that the aircraft will be his last alternative for IF his rotary engines ever fail him

field.jpg

takeoff.jpg

church.jpg

sunkiss.jpg

citylife.jpg

harshlanding.jpg

rollover.jpg

@Vonrd

SPAD XIII skin, for your approval.  Request inclusion in JG1 Official Skin Pack.

All others:  If you have everything else and don't wish to re-download any extra files, you can download the zip file linked below, unzip and place the included file in the proper game folder:

....\Program files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\skins\Spad13

Top.jpg

F-Quarter.jpg

Underside.jpg

Luftritter SPAD XIII skin

@Vonrd

Sopwith Dolphin skin, for your approval.  Request inclusion in JG1 Official Skin Pack.

....\Program files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\skins\SopDolphin

Top.jpg

F-Quarter.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Luftritter Sopwith Dolphin Skin

@Vonrd

SE5a skin, for your approval.  Request inclusion in JG1 Official Skin Pack.

....\Program files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\skins\SE5a

F-Quarter.jpg

Top.jpg

R-Quarter.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Luftritter SE5a Skin

@Vonrd

Brisfit skins, for your approval.  Request inclusion in JG1 Official Skin Pack.

All others:  If you have everything else and don't wish to re-download any extra files, you can download the zip file linked below, unzip and place the included files in the proper game folders:

....\Program files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\skins\BristolF2BF2

and

....\Program files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\skins\BristolF2BF3

Top.jpg

Bottom.jpg

F-Quarter.jpg

R-Quarter.jpg

Luftritter Brisfit Skins

@Vonrd

Updated Pfalz D.IIIa skin, for your approval.  Request inclusion in JG1 Official Skin Pack.  Sorry for the inconvenience....I just wasn't happy with the old one; I've learned a lot since then.

All others:  If you have everything else and don't wish to re-download any extra files, you can download the zip file linked below, unzip and place the included files in the proper game folders:

....\Program files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphics\skins\PfalzD3a

File name is the same as an earlier version; PLEASE OVERWRITE the older version with this new version:

F-Quarter.jpg

R-Quarter.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Top.jpg

Updated Luftritter Pfalz D.IIIa skin

List of changes:

New style wing sine waves

Late style Balkenkruse crosses used

J10 Yellow color adjustment

Cowling paint border adjusted to comply with historical J10 precedents

White color adjustment, including emblem

New style fuselage design including crosses, stripe change and removal of emblem background field and borders

Vertical Stabilizer/Rudder colored white

Horizontal Stabilizer left gray

New font pilot intitials

Inside of wheels colored yellow

Landing gear components fully colored

Edges of small components colored where appropriate

Tip of radiator cap colored red for gun sight  😉

S!

I really liked the Mauve green upper wing done by Heinrich.     Here is a redo for. Maushake, Lee, Vickner, Hotlead, Labroisse, Butzzell and Dudley. New paint made Dudley's plane really fast.No pics for Hotlead and Labroisse. Only change there was blue under wings instead of lozenge. Akso pixs for Genmarkoff Dr1 and Halb.  Underside of wings on both planes is mauve and green.

Lee.jpg

Maus 4.jpg

Dudley.jpg

Vikner.jpg

J11a.jpg

Gen Dr1.jpg

Gen dr12.jpg

halb gen.jpg

! JG1 AlbatrosD5 Butzzell.zip ! JG1 AlbatrosD5 Dudley.zip ! JG1 AlbatrosD5 Hotlead.zip ! JG1 AlbatrosD5 Labroisse.zip ! JG1 AlbatrosD5 Lee.zip ! JG1 AlbatrosD5 Maushake.zip ! JG1 AlbatrosD5 Vikner.zip ! JG1 FokkerDr1 JG1 Genmarkof.zip ! JG1 HalberstadtCL2 JG1 Genmarkof.zip ! JG1 HalberstadtCL2au JG1 Genmarkof.zip

@Vonrd herewith the skins of Greif and me, for the FiF Winter campaign aircraft.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlsphwjmd4itp7w/FiF Winter Skins Greif Heinrich Late.zip?dl=0

I'll post the pictures later today or Wednesday for getting accepted in the JG1 Skin Package.

The missing A/C: Fok D7, D7F, SE5a and Spad will be posted separately because they were outside the FiF Winter plane set.