FC New Skins Submission Thread [DISCUSSIONS]

Britchot

just downloaded the Great Battle Skins and they look great. I did notice that at some point with the later skins. my Yellow 22 somehow became a Yellow 12? Also with the bombers ands transports. only a few have my Goat marking on the side of the Yellow F's. and any chance I could get skull and crossbones on the front of the wheel covers on the Stuka? I got a bit more time these days to fly and I love seeing the custom paint schemes in the air!

11 minutes ago, AngryGoat said:

just downloaded the Great Battle Skins and they look great. I did notice that at some point with the later skins. my Yellow 22 somehow became a Yellow 12? Also with the bombers ands transports. only a few have my Goat marking on the side of the Yellow F's. and any chance I could get skull and crossbones on the front of the wheel covers on the Stuka? I got a bit more time these days to fly and I love seeing the custom paint schemes in the air!

I will try to work that in... but don't hold your breath  😏. Got lots going on in RL right now and also working with a consensus with other skinners.

The bombers are a mess and need a major upgrade. They're not a high priority for me since we don't really fly bombers in close formation much and the skins aren't really needed for ID and SA.

Oh, and BTW... this thread is really for posting of skin updates. Requests and discussions should go here:

9 hours ago, AngryGoat said:

9 hours ago, Vonrd said:

I will try to work that in... but don't hold your breath  😏. Got lots going on in RL right now and also working with a consensus with other skinners.

The bombers are a mess and need a major upgrade. They're not a high priority for me since we don't really fly bombers in close formation much and the skins aren't really needed for ID and SA.

Oh, and BTW... this thread is really for posting of skin updates. Requests and discussions should go here:

Moved to the discussion area. :D

Regarding your Oeaus number @AngryGoat, you were reassigned Yellow 12 due to gaps in wingmen.

https://oesau.jg1.org/roster/#6-staffel

If you have a specific love for Yellow 22, I can see what I can do about moving you around.  However, it would be great to keep you as Kliegmann's wingman, as Vikner is not as active right now.

thanks you guys. i'm not particular about which number I fly under. Yellow 12 will suit me just fine. my real concern was that we'd have 2 guys flying under the same number. I appreciate all that you do Vonrd. RL had me busy for a bit as well. just recently have gotten back with the squadron so I was really just trying to catch up(&make sure I didn't get voted off the island). as for the bombers... that's understandable. I do love flying my JU52 though. as long as I know i'm yellow F. I could use the skins already in the squadron and add the emblems myself and send them in. or if that'll get to confusing... I can wait. no rush. 

Updated the skins of the Pfalz D3A and Albatros DV based on tip from @Vonrd.
Looking at my emblem it was okay for WW I but it looks kinda stupid on WW II planes. With the double Yellow 4.
I changed the emblem a bit so now its more an emblem than a serial number (I hope).

I'm truly sorry for the extra work @Klaiber. I will send you the large emblem in a PM.

NB now I hope that these skins are okay, if so I will update the others with the new emblem.

@AngryGoat

Hi Goat, I was looking through your skins and had some suggestions.

On your Albatros, since you're now in Jasta 11, how about painting the boss of the propeller red, while keeping the cowling yellow.  Or paint the whole cowling red and leave the back end yellow.

Same thing on the Fokker D.VII.

On your D.VIIF, it should really have your Jasta color somewhere on it.

And same with the Pfalz.

Thanks!

On 9/30/2019 at 6:44 AM, AngryGoat said:

Sorry about that Klai. I Didn't realize I got Transferred out of Jasta 10 and in Oesau i'm Yellow Flight. But I do like Painting so I can see what I can do. Worst case I could fly with a red streamer. Looking forward to the new map this week.

I think that D.VII would look just as good with a Richthofen Red nose and the rest left the same! 

During the last mission in Black September I noticed, from 2,4 kms above, a fight close to the ground below me between a light colored Spad and a ghost because I couldn't (my eyes?) see the other plane. Only its tracers.
It turned out to be Etzel with his black DrI. Made me thinking of been seen from below in my dark striped Halb.

Because the life of a Recon pilot is often boring and helpless I altered my Halb CLII skin a bit.
I would like to use this skin as an alternative, depending on the mission.

In FC (and possibly that whole series), unfortunately I think that certain colors are seen from distance with disproportionate ability; and this is nothing new, since that same thing did occur in RoF.

Of course there's the whole idea of whether you're going to see any particular skin at all.  In all of the BoX/FC series, I think it's very important to consider that.  You have to consider that in whatever case, the other guy is just seeing you in default skin.

But, you have to assume you're operating under the circumstance that the other guy can see your skin.

If you are making a skin for yourself (and others to use), I think it's very important to consider how easily that it is seen from a distance.

White (and light gray) are the worst offenders.  Even with extreme weathering effects, they can almost seem to glow from a distance.  Dull those down in any way that you can, so that that doesn't happen.

Yellow is almost as bad.

Use caution, self skin makers.  Only judge your end product by what it looks like from a distance IN THE ACTUAL GAME.

Or, be prepared to WELCOME the effects of that greater visibility, as the Baron did.

Of course the Baron most often had about 8 (maybe more) friendlies surrounding him.

You be the judge.

Heinrich, would you be willing to show us an overhead view that might show us the lozenge pattern / color, if any?

I absolutely LOVE the heart / wolf-dragon symbol!

It is the coolest thing EVER!!

I think he has captured the "heart" of JG1 in that symbolism.  Personal significance blended with a WWI-plausible symbol.

That is just the coolest thing ever.  You go, man!

Edited by Klaiber
moved by Klaiber

10 hours ago, Heinrich said:

In real life yes, in game it makes no difference. I'm still a dark spot in the sky even at 3k.

In CQB???

I withdraw the Recon skins. It make no sense to use them. I’m still easily visible for everybody with our skin pack, and the ones without see the default brown skin. On top of that its extra work for @Vonrd, and unnecessary disk capacity for everybody. 

Nice experiment 😜, sorry to have bothered you with it.