Britchot

FC New Skins Submission Thread [DISCUSSIONS]

Many thanks for the work of creating and consolidation!!! Downloaded all of them yesterday and installed after cleaning up all existing skins, they are looking great!!

The only very kind request @Vonrd: I would be really really gratefull if I could also I have an individal Fokker Dr.I skin for me...🤗 

If there are no special constraints with respect to JG1 specific styleguide this skin could be very simple in the good old BH / Jasta 7 style: Overall pure Black with white  rudders & white crosses.... e.g. like this:
https://www.google.at/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwju2q75i6XkAhVCa1AKHduiAScQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwp.scn.ru%2Fen%2Fww1%2Ff%2F416%2F59%2F4&psig=AOvVaw3EvtDiBeqJ92IcNUhp450E&ust=1567065475195277

and my Profile Logo of course....  and any graphical addon or adaption that brings some JG1 specific touch to the skin would be very welcome 

😉

And of course: For all other planes (e.g. the halbies or the pfalz) I would also be very happy and thankfull for every personal Etzel-skin that I could hav,e but the Dr.I is my absolute favourite u know....

Best

Etzel

17 hours ago, Etzel said:

Many thanks for the work of creating and consolidation!!! Downloaded all of them yesterday and installed after cleaning up all existing skins, they are looking great!!

The only very kind request @Vonrd: I would be really really gratefull if I could also I have an individal Fokker Dr.I skin for me...🤗 

If there are no special constraints with respect to JG1 specific styleguide this skin could be very simple in the good old BH / Jasta 7 style: Overall pure Black with white  rudders & white crosses.... e.g. like this:
https://www.google.at/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwju2q75i6XkAhVCa1AKHduiAScQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwp.scn.ru%2Fen%2Fww1%2Ff%2F416%2F59%2F4&psig=AOvVaw3EvtDiBeqJ92IcNUhp450E&ust=1567065475195277

and my Profile Logo of course....  and any graphical addon or adaption that brings some JG1 specific touch to the skin would be very welcome 

😉

And of course: For all other planes (e.g. the halbies or the pfalz) I would also be very happy and thankfull for every personal Etzel-skin that I could hav,e but the Dr.I is my absolute favourite u know....

Best

Etzel

Sure... happy to.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:02 AM, Etzel said:

😉

Best

Etzel

Here's a few (also have Halb done but I forgot screenshot) Which version of Alb do you prefer?

(Greenish tint is an anomaly in the screenshot)

Etzel Alb B.jpg

Etzel Alb A.jpg

Etzel DR1.jpg

Etzel DVII.jpg

Outstanding!!!

... Many thanks!!!! 😍

Re Alb: Both are very pretty, but in doubt I prefer the dark one... 😉

Can't await using them in the upcoming BS flights (if I manage to show up in time at least on some of the saturdays) or any other chance to fly FC !!!

12 minutes ago, Labroisse said:

I thought those letters were  to help Luft tell us which wing he just lost.

No, as you can clearly see, it's so I can tell left from right  😄

Seriously though, we should keep this thread just individual submission posts, so the administration folks don't have to scroll through a million posts.

I hope the Admins will move these commentaries to a separate commentary thread.  It is not a bad idea for folks to make comments or post opinions so that we can maintain a standard of quality, to some extent, before the skins are actually added to official packs.

@AngryGoat I really like your goat symbol that you use on the side.  Your color schemes are certainly varied!  Great job on all of them.

I am not sure whether it matters in what way the files are submitted.... have to see what Vonrd and admins have to say about that.

That Pfalz is my favorite....really nice color coordination.  Looking forward to seeing it in the game.  I'll wait for Vonrd to update the main pack so we all have the same file names for your planes.

Up to now, Vonrd and Larner have made all of my skins.  I just got started a week ago and I'm about to release a Pfalz that I did myself.  I'm extremely slow and am probably doing things in an inefficient manner; considering all of the planes everybody puts out, you're at least 10 times faster than I am.   But I am very happy with the results, as it is about 90% done.

S!

8 minutes ago, Klaiber said:

Hi @Vonrd, question. The new link is just the posted updates.  Does the main link in the first post get modified too?  

I would prefer not to update the original. It takes too much time for the zip to generate and there's always the possibility that I'll screw the pooch doing it. All updates are just that... "updates"...  I will keep them up on Dropbox with a dated folder. (Once I tackle the bombers though and get that straightened out it will probably need another "Full Monty" and everyone will have to delete the installed JG1 files. This will be the new original file. I'm not actively working on it at present though). 

So, if a newcomer wants the complete JG1 skins, he / she (we can always hope that we'll eventually get a "she"  😏) will have to download the original and all the updates. The updates will be relatively small and quick downloads.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:42 PM, Heinrich said:

Having initials clearly visible is a good way to quickly identify each other. A new trend?

It was a historical trend! Tons and tons of German pilots did it, but the best example is Jasta 2's Albatros D.Is / D.IIs. Pilots would paint the first two letters of their surname on the fuselage sides as an identifying marking. For example, Erwin Böhme painted "Bö" on his fuselage sides, Karl-Heinrich Büttner painted "Bü", Dieter Collin painted "Co", etc etc etc 

D1_Bu.jpg

D1_Co.jpg

The 'J2' way is a good way of avoiding clashing identifying marks as well. For example, you might get Luftritter and Labroisse, or Vikner and Vonrd mixed up if they had just 'L' or 'V', but 'Lu', 'La', 'Vi' and 'Vo' are all pretty easily distinguishable ;) 

Another good example is Jasta 5's Albatroses. They used to paint the initial of their surnames on the undersides of the wings. 

On 9/10/2019 at 12:52 PM, Luftritter said:

Coming soon: Standard Fokker D.VII for Luftritter.  I request this be added to our official skin pack(s).

Luftritter Fokker D.VII

Excessive Thanks to author, Larner!!

krv4hpl.png

1VMKgvw.png

hTPjXtg.png

@Vonrd, link activated, photos updated!

Sierra Hotel!

Will add to the next update... do you want this added to the Black Sept for this last week?