Payloads

seamount

Hi, where can I find more infos about "payloads.dcg" file ? what's the meaning of the six columns ? and which values I can enter in each column for a specific plane ?

And what "none" and "default" means, where do I find which is the payload "default" ?

I ask you that questions because In a DBW DCG campaign the mission does not work and I have a pink plane and in the log I have that error message:

1. [12:33:16]  Mission error, ID_04: java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon set 'none' not registered in air.G4M1_11
  2. [12:33:16]  java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon set 'none' not registered in air.G4M1_11
  3. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.objects.air.Aircraft.weaponsLoad(Aircraft.java:2794)
  4. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.objects.air.Aircraft.load(Aircraft.java:2447)
  5. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.game.Mission.loadAir(Mission.java:1287)
  6. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.ai.Wing.load(Wing.java:134)
  7. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.game.Mission.loadWings(Mission.java:1079)
  8. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.game.Mission._load(Mission.java:455)
  9. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.game.Mission.access$000(Mission.java:129)
  10. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.game.Mission$BackgroundLoader.run(Mission.java:405)
  11. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.rts.BackgroundTask.doRun(BackgroundTask.java:155)
  12. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.loopApp(MainWin3D.java:108)
  13. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:437)
  14. [12:33:16]      at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java:235)
  15. [12:33:25]  Mission: campaign/un/DGen_M_TrukUSNrod0/194402170.mis is Playing
  16. [12:33:25]  -------------------------------- MISSION FAILED ---------------------

If I go in "payloads.dcg" and for G4M1 I change "none" to "default" that mission works, but afterword in following mission I noticed that IL2 changes it again to "none" and so I still have the same error. Is there anything I can do to solve that problem ?

Than in another campaign with a "ground attack" missione I should start with planes (B5N2) with a bomb but in the mission the plane starts without any bomb; that's because in "payloads.dcg" I discovered it has "none". If here i change "none" with 1x500 it starts fine with the bomb, but in the following "ground attack" it still starts without bombs and in the "payloads.dcg" i see that il2 changed again in "none" ...😢 ... so what can I do  ? how does "payloads.dcg" work ??

Please help me

Last question: is there a detailed manual with all the information to understand how to use/understand the DCG files ?

If you are using a mod for IL-2, then there's a good chance that the payloads.dcg and allpayloads.dcg files will have payloads the mods don't use.  It could be quite time consuming to update them all yourself....

You could try "IL2DIT" by sniperton.  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=51325.0

BTW, you can't make the payloads.dcg read only.  You can make the allpayloads.dcg read only.  But the former can be updated by DCG through the GUI.