IL2 BOS Tank Server, Fighters and Jabos Interest.

Wittmann

S! all .    Back in the Day  I used to fly with JG1.  I'm currently  into the BOS series, more specifically Tank Crew.   I'm working on setting up a loose affiliation or German Armor  players.   One big problem the German side has,  on the E-front Server, the main tank one, is that the Russians almost always outnumber us horribly in the Air.    For any here that might be interested in some combined arms fighting, whether fighter, or attack aircraft,  I could think of no better or well suited group to ask for some volunteers for some action on the weekends.   I'm on PST,  and am still working on the details of the best time to assemble, etc,   if anyone here is interested  let me know, we could use the help in the air !

Mike   ( formerly  JG1 Wittmann-J11 )

PS   perhaps this should have been posted in Gen discussion ?

Hi Mike,

It's great to talk with you again!  Not sure if you remember me, but I was in Jasta 6 circa 2001 under Wilhelm and Wolfgang.

I'm positive that we'd be interested in trying out the E-front server for some combined arms.

Let me move this to the  General Discussions area so that everyone can post and not feel like they're stepping on the recruiting forum.

Also, I'll PM you our TS information.  You're more than welcome to join us anytime. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

If anyone is interested in some combined arms,  the  best server as of now, with alot of armor playing is E-Front   or  maybe called Attention E-Front.  The server  has alot of Russian and Europe players.  Russian side seems to be able to put 10-15 or more regularly,  when I have been able to catch the main group I see  on there. Expert Mode, zero  icons.  Server says 40 players,  I've seen 36.  The battle area  is much smaller  than  you will see on a primarily Air Battle Map.    I'll have to look at some maps I have later,  if flying,  once in the air  you can be in action in a few minutes  is you  so desire. Ground Combat area/Objectives is prob 30K by 30 K  prob smaller, I'll post for sure.  AF's  have a rear and a near AF   Rear is not  that far, but you shouldn't be worried about a tank hitting you on take-off, too far   German side gets  sporadic air support,  sometimes  even good  but still outnumbered.  There are a few disappointing  things  regarding the  load-outs allowed, but still good.   There is a stat page if you are interested. 

The best time to catch this large group,   10 or 11AM PST  -  2 or 3PM PST.   I believe the server is based in Moscow or close  and  time from PST is is plus 10 hrs.  I try to be there Sat and Sun 11am PST,   as I know that is the best day for action with more than a handful of players.   There can be other times  with people there,   this seems to be  the  best time.

I'll try to be on TS those 2 days for  by 1100 PST.  

On 10/31/2019 at 7:33 PM, WaNTRD said:

The best time to catch this large group,   10 or 11AM PST  -  2 or 3PM PST.   I believe the server is based in Moscow or close  and  time from PST is is plus 10 hrs.  I try to be there Sat and Sun 11am PST,   as I know that is the best day for action with more than a handful of players.   There can be other times  with people there,   this seems to be  the  best time.

Hmm, sounds interesting.... maybe joining somewhen between 1 pm and 2 pm PST would be managable for me. 

16 minutes ago, GenMarkof007 said:

S! WaNTRD,
I will try to make it maybe Sunday since we have FIF on Saturday.
What are you missing? Attackers or tank crew.
I'm pretty good with BF110 or JU87.

Cheers mate,
Gen

if I am not wrong FiF ends at 1 pm PST 😉 

Hey Etzel,

I'll be there at 11 am PST,  probably  until 2-230 or so PST.   That seems to be the highest population on the server.   I'll get up on TS before I start, any1 that joins give me a shout.

I am just now realizing that FIF ?   is the same time  Sat  at 11 am PST.    Well, Sunday is a good day as well, I try to do both days 11-2 or so if possible.   At some point,  when there is more Tank Crew interest, or Kliegman gets his campaign all set,   then  I believe that there will be an exodus from the E-front server as alot of people that are on there,  are there because it's the only real expert one that  gets the traffic and numbers that make it more interesting.

Had  fun  with Etzel  and GenMark  Saturday.   I'm  still working on  the flying aspect,  but  enjoyed seeing GM  do his magic in the 110E .  Look fwd to  more,  I am not positive but I believe now that we have  gone through time change,  the prime time on this Att-Efront server  would start at 1000 PST,  not 1100.  I'm going to try earlier in the AM  say 8 or 9 this next sat.  It may be that  this is the time to get the most,  although Sun, it looked like Server was at capacity 1 or 2 PST( which has been lowered to 30  from 40. )    Talk to GM or Etzel,     If you want fast action, short flight times to target,  expert settings,  ability to hit ground tgts  with AC,  deadly AI AA gunners at targets,  ability to pop into armor if you so desire,  this server  seems to offer  the best competition,   at least as far as the ground war goes.   The Russian players on this server,  consider their IL2's  to be an integral part of their game.   When those can be shot down and denied,   they do not like  or do as well !

Also enjoyed the flights with you guys, esp. on the 1st map.

I hope that this server concept is somehow a prototype for what could be in few years from now: Participating in massive air&ground tournaments with much more players and specific objectives that need clear strategy and cooperation between the different (flying and driving) weapon units....

And for the moment this set-up is really worth to join, esp. if do not have the time for long flights and look for some fast air & ground based action instead ....

Agreed,  was fun. Hopefully in the future with some seat time my flying will be more of a contribution to the effort !    It's fast,  and right now  what seems to be available, expert settings,  for a combined arms style campaign. The down side I feel is that it is located in russia, and is not a 24/7 server.  Even it it was 24/7  the core group of russian players that I have come across would only be there  earlier in the day.  I think Moscow is + 10 hrs compared to PST.   Alot of times the Russians that go in the air  are good and it's tough to get close to an IL2  to take it out before they do their damage.  The ability to deny the russian side the the  unmolested use of IL2's for tank busting,  taking out tgt objectives, which they have long enjoyed, is a must, IMHO to having a chance for the german side to win.   From the times I have been on there,  a core group of russian players  on on there  quite often, and they play well together,  even though they have no squad tag, they play like it.  It is unfortunate that the server was set to 30  this last weekend, down from 40,  but as GM and ETZ  can attest, it's  fast action,  fun and challenging.

At this point in the game, with the vehicles available,  the russian side likes to go cross country  and flank to get to the objectives.  If enough armor is present, a defense could be set up, but for the most part,  german armor stays in the middle, and  tries to rack up kills or move in a linear fashion to the enemy bases,  sticking to roads if possible, defense it seems is boring !.   A t-34 in the fields,  if spotted at a distance, and they spot you is near impossible to stop.  If you miss a long shot or 2, and they see it, you probably will not get the chance too many times after.   Panther added may change that aspect some as it should have better off-road speed.