Lipfert

Extended Butt Kicker Gamer 2 Setup

Kameraden,

I've been offline since getting the Butt Kicker Gamer 2, it's been a bit of a process getting it working properly. Finally last night I had a breakthrough after watching a YouTube Video by 2Old4Forsa where he details using Sim Hub and his settings.

The biggest single issue, was configuring a second Sound Source NVIDIA HD Audio through my Display Port Cable to my BenQ Monitor. I tried using the supplied splitter supplied with the Butt Kicker Gamer 2, but I was getting feedback in my headset which was awful.

Now my headset is on the Sound Card in the computer and the Shaker is on the NVIDIA HD Audio, fine tuning in progress but it's already a big improvement.

S!

Lip. can you post a link to the video?   I found 1 by 2Old4Forsa but I didn't see where it discussed setting up the BK2 through Nvidia HD Audio.  I'm using it through the splitter to my sound card currently, and while it is alright, I'd like to get it working better.

Thx,

Ferd

5 hours ago, Labroisse said:

Lip. can you post a link to the video?   I found 1 by 2Old4Forsa but I didn't see where it discussed setting up the BK2 through Nvidia HD Audio.  I'm using it through the splitter to my sound card currently, and while it is alright, I'd like to get it working better.

Thx,

Ferd

Ferd,

Here is the video with the settings: 

I worked through getting NVIDIA HD Audio working myself, didn't make a lot of sense as my computer really wanted it configured as a Communications device. If you want, we can get online and I can walk you through what I did.

S!

No idea if this is of any help:

I have my Buttkicker Gamer 2 connected to a Sennheiser GSX 1000 amplifier with a splitter to my headset. The GSX 1000 has a USB connector to the desktop. The 5.1 speaker set is connected to a Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card.

Side note: I’m thinking on building a external fan to my Buttkicker amplifier because it gets real hot inside and has only some small cooling ribs. Burning the inside will cause to have the whole set replaced.

Got it working LIp, THANK YOU!.  Connected buttkicker to audio out mini-plug of monitor which runs through HDMI Audio.  Headset runs through sound card, so no splitter required. 

The trick is setting it so that both the HD audio out and soundcard can play at the same time.  This is how to do that:

~S~ Gents!

Id like to turn you on to a "studio quality" EQ'ing program called Equalizer APO.

Looking at the SimHub program, it seems to process audio output events!

Although Box is out putting some udp "events"... their for motion not audio.

With EQapo, you can isolate individual audio output channel's and EQ them...in other words

in the case for Labrosse, if the kicker is kicking too hard at a certain frequency or not enough, (dont know what tweaking can be done in/comes with butt kicker)

with this program, you can EQ things to the n'th degree

I have a sub in my phones and chair

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

Mox

Im currently working with a program called Waves NX. head tracking, with binaural algorithms so you get audio positioning

Most important in VR, too bad windows Vista and forward killed audio 3d

21 hours ago, Labroisse said:

Lip, as I understand it, SimHub only supports racing games currently?  I don't race but would love to be able to set up CloD and BoX.

Labroisse,

Correct, just working on driving stuff right now.

S!

23 hours ago, Moxy said:

~S~ Gents!

Id like to turn you on to a "studio quality" EQ'ing program called Equalizer APO.

Looking at the SimHub program, it seems to process audio output events!

Although Box is out putting some udp "events"... their for motion not audio.

With EQapo, you can isolate individual audio output channel's and EQ them...in other words

in the case for Labrosse, if the kicker is kicking too hard at a certain frequency or not enough, (dont know what tweaking can be done in/comes with butt kicker)

with this program, you can EQ things to the n'th degree

I have a sub in my phones and chair

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

Mox

Im currently working with a program called Waves NX. head tracking, with binaural algorithms so you get audio positioning

Most important in VR, too bad windows Vista and forward killed audio 3d

Thanks Mox.  I've been using EQApo with the Peace GUI for awhile now.  I actually think you turned me on to EQApo a few years back.