Greif

Application for FC squadron

• What is your Timezone? CET
  • Do you have a joystick or HOTAS? Yes
  • Do you have TeamSpeak installed, as well as a working microphone? Microphone: Yes. TS not installed, but obviously that can be done
  • Do you have TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control? VR Oculus CV1
  • What sims are you currently flying? IL-2 FC mostly. I fly WW2 planes from time to time when I want to feel that comparatively unlimited power compared to WW1 planes, but nothing serious for the moment
  • How did you hear about JG1? Via IL-2 forum
  • Is there anything else that you'd like us to know? Sure:

I love anything about flying IRL and have dabbled with flight sims on and off previously, and I have very fond memories of the careers I flew in Red Baron (shows my age: generation X). Nonetheless, I consider myself an enthusiastic beginner in Flying Circus.

As indicated, my timezone is CET (from the Netherlands) my availability for playing is during the weekend, on Fridays from time to time and during the week after 20:00 CET. I would love to have a group of fellow pilots that are interested in flying somewhat regularly to have fun and that would also like to improve functioning as a team/squadron. Ideally a team of not too many people that can fly together somewhat regularly so that the team members get to know each others' style and strengths. I am fine with flying Entente as well as Central, though I must admit that I do find the Central planes just that tad cooler (fite me, preferably in a dogfite : ) In case this plays a role: I am fine with speaking English, French, Dutch, and if you are willing to tolerate my rusty language skills, German (I'd actually find that quite fun to give that a try)

53 minutes ago, Boslandschap said:
  • I flew in Red Baron (shows my age: generation X). Nonetheless, I consider myself an enthusiastic beginner in Flying Circus.

Welcome Boslandschap.

You would be surprised how many pilots here remember and used to fly Red Baron

Its allways good to get more FC pilots from Europe.

If you fly on the J5 FC server i'm sure we have already met .

24 minutes ago, Pfeil said:

If you fly on the J5 FC server i'm sure we have already met .

Actually, so far I tend to play offline, but that is getting boring. Having my hardware setup more or less complete since last week, I had a first playing online last Sunday evening (CET), if I'm not mistaken on the J5 server and had a great time, even flying solo. Flying Entente, I had only one encounter during my 2 hours of gameplay and that was a Central pilot that had snuck up behind me while I was scupulously scouring for enemies, downing me in one burst, which was hilarious. That wouldn't happen to be you, right? 😄 If so, indeed we have met sir.

4 minutes ago, Heinrich said:

Hello Boslandschap, 

welcome nice to see more European players.

You’ve knocked on the best door. This is a great unit.

I’m also Dutch (Overijssel) and generation X. 👍 😀

The warm welcome is very much appreciated I must say 😃