il2 Sturmovik - TrackIR Lockups

Lipfert

Kameraden,

In getting setup again for flying, long sad story as my MFG Crosswinds are wider than the Next Level Rig is wide.....

So I picked up some interim pedals, that are really narrow Thrustmaster T. Flight Rudder Pedals. They setup no problem, all good.

I'm four versions behind on the 3dmigoto and need to tweak, so decided to hookup my TrackIR 5 just to get online.

Everything runs fine, until I get in game and when I unpause the TrackIR it locks up il2 Sturmovik. Has anyone ever had this sort of issue before, seems really odd to me. It used to work just fine.

S! 

What width are you limited to for the pedals?  The foot pads can be moved inboard to some degree.

If you start TIR before the game, and then start the game without pausing or unpausing TIR, does it still lock up?  Perhaps there is some kind of key conflict between the two?  Do you use the default key bindings for pause (F9), recenter (F12), etc. in the TIR program?

11 hours ago, Lipfert said:

I ordered the narrowing spacers from Milan, they are coming from Croatia and I figured the cheap pedals will get me through.

Would be interested in seeing a pic of that when you get them installed.  👍

Hopefully somebody will be of more help to you with the TIR, although fewer and fewer seem to be using it anymore.  🙂

Luft,

I'm thinking it's probably a duplicate control mapping causing the issue. Just need some quiet time to review and or recreate. The new version of il-2 Sturmovik has always had issues on my rig with mapping in game. TARGET has always had issues and I've had to use single buttons or direct HID in the game, any combination has always been problematic.

S!