FiF Winter 2020

Butzzell

2 hours ago, Razwald said:

I stand corrected. I just looked at the track. Its fine but because I was annoyed looking at each item I stopped recording. I have all 3 pages of Entante and first page of Central.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a6B64IcwncUE_88MO10yCHJf43aRA6Yy

Are these in-game files to run the track?

Its the in game track.  It should be a single folder for some reason my link has the folder open all ready.  Looks like if you click on the top where it says   dogfight.2020-02_14-13-10_00  it should download it as a folder.  But yes its the files to run the track.

Just realized there is a second file missing here is new link with all files. Not sure if you need the folder and the file but they are both there.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wOtU45mvs9oE7WPE0kUx9VUZG0hyYblo

S! All

We had some really great fights as shown by Daedallus in the video he posted. There were 59 players on the server at the same time.  The server was running an SPS that bounced between 49.9 and 50.1.  The tick delay was 11.2.

There was a problem in the Spy pick up mission. The practice server is up with three Central airfields in the rear of Entente territory. They are air start so people can quickly do specialty missions. If you want to restart the mission on the server you kill the balloon at the two seater base. When the server restarts the mission it takes almost 2 minutes to go through the target selection process. Wait a couple of minutes before spawning in. Please remember that  the special missions require the use of the plane named for that mission.  An HQ recon can not do a Trench Map recon mission. We dearly miss the RoF recon program done by AnKor.

FiF uses a limited plane set. The purpose is to make people remember that their life and plane are special. The overall goal is to have fun flying. Red team ran out of scout planes. The main reason for this is that they got shot down. Curse you Blue team!  The other problem is that people are surviving crashes much easier than in RoF. In the past many people that were shot down died. Also as mentioned above we have more players in the session. It may take some time to figure out the appropriate number of planes. For now we want to keep people flying that can fly.  The plane availability is being increased by 6 planes for each side. We will see how this goes.

7 hours ago, GenMarkof007 said:

I would have added 10 more planes per side

You can't just add any old number of planes, because there's a ratio of main/secondary plane types we're trying to maintain; and then you also have to take into account the 50/50 use of the Pfalz and Alb, since the Central side has one more scout plane type available for use than the Entente side does.

In order to keep all that in line, the next number from 30 total you can go up to is 36 total; if more than that is needed, the next number up from that is 42 total.  He is trying 36 first.  It will be looked at with that number and then adjusted further if:  1) needed and  2) possible.

The server does have limits.

• 3 weeks later...

S! All

First big CONGRATZ to Blue team on a stunning phase A victory.

For phase B we start with Blue team Central and Red team as Entente,

One minor change     ....  maybe.  I have a new practice map. Looks the same but I adjusted the hit points on trucks.  Famous last words..... you should be able to kill trucks with machine guns.  I am afraid it is going to take a while to get things working as expected.

• 3 weeks later...

S! All

As Klaiber posted, please check times.  Personally I wish we would get rid off the whole daylight savings time thingie.

A brief update.

I think I have found why the totals page is not correct. I thought it was a function of counting the actual missions. The missions were being counted correctly. It was a link deep in the actual display array itself.  It  now works as expected.

There was a bug in  the Central HQ recon where it would sometimes display the HQ location incorrectly after the plane returned to base. There was a duplicate function that was fighting itself. The Central HQ mission now works as expected and the error is not reproduced.

There was a problem with people trying to get on server. Server was set for 70 players. Updated server for 90 players.

S! All

Due to big disco session three is not being counted. Blue team was practically wiped out of planes. Red team still had planes and Blue had some people still flying, so the session went to the end as something to do for fun and to test the scoring system.  It was fun and the tally system worked as expected.

We will move on to session 4 and not replay session 3. We do not run into time set for Bloody April.

The number of allowed players was set to 90. We had less than 60. There were no problems with people getting on the server but due to lower numbers it was not a real test.