Butzzell

FiF Winter 2020

I'm hoping to make it for at least part of the dry run, but can't be sure ... our state of emergency is scheduled to be lifted tomorrow, which means that a show I'm working on will be going ahead, and I'm not sure how much work I'll have to do tomorrow afternoon; a last-minute change in availability on the production team means that I suddenly got landed with a load of extra stuff.  I won't know exactly what I'm going to have to do until after I meet with the director tomorrow morning.  But I'll be there if I can!

S!

Maus

S! All

Very nice turn out. Some good fights right up to the end.

Did anyone have a serious lag or frame rate issue?

Was there a problem in finding a friendly Aerodrome?  Do they need any additional features? Maybe a Balloon? Remember , if you can see it so can the enemy.

Alternate visibility was not on. Were there problems?

Problem reported with Spy Pick up marker. Still looking at that.

Entente Hospital marker did not deactivate when mission complete.

Will be locking load outs so people do not have to worry about having the wrong load out.

Next week we start killing each other for real !

It was a good turn out. Hope to have more next week.

No lag or frame issues, did notice a few dropped players.

'Dromes are just harder to find in general. It's a navigation skill, part of the game AFAIC.

I had one contact that did seem to disappear as I zoomed in. Someone said that alt vis was on, that's when I commented. I think it was just more of the normal zoom issues discussed in forums.  

Spy pick up was a misunderstanding I think, maybe an icon issue. We did the pick up, and he said it was successful. The problem,(I think), is the icon failed to be removed and was tried again by someone else.  Just as you said about Hospital icon. Cuban also did the HQ recon, but was shot down while RTB. He did it again, but couldn't get a subtitle on his 2nd or 3rd pass.

*edit*  Is it possible that the plane that the plane doing a mission like the Hospital or spy has to LAND at a field before the icon is removed?

Did anyone get hit by flak?  We had 1 or 2 damaged by ground fire but no casualties that I know of.

Enemy Ace was not very aggressive. Had to get REAL close before he would engage. (and that aint easy when tryin to catch a Spad w/ Dr1's & PD3's)

Some players,(including me), are a bit hazy on some of the objectives, we shall have to remedy that ourselves.

Flyin Central isn't going to be very easy in this one!😉 

One thing that should be addressed hopefully before the official start, is something I forget to mention during the post-session con-flab.

When I went to refuel at the south Entente drome, the thing gave me 100% instantly (in my Camel).  The thing did not work like before when the refueling process took some time, giving you a progressing reading that allowed you to stop when you reached a reasonable amount of fuel .

No idea if it worked like that everywhere for everybody; but I know that the way it worked before was a lot better.

1 hour ago, Luftritter said:

One thing that should be addressed hopefully before the official start, is something I forget to mention during the post-session con-flab.

When I went to refuel at the south Entente drome, the thing gave me 100% instantly (in my Camel).  The thing did not work like before when the refueling process took some time, giving you a progressing reading that allowed you to stop when you reached a reasonable amount of fuel .

No idea if it worked like that everywhere for everybody; but I know that the way it worked before was a lot better.

Yes. Fastest fill up I ever had.

The spy pick up or General Capture Icons only go away after the package is delivered to a friendly drome.

The HQ or all recons must be done Higher than 2 k and lower than 4 k. Not sure what else would do it. You can not circle it. The radius is on 1 k so by the time you get the first message to make a second pass you should be good.

It will take several sessions to see how things work          and then we can change them😉

2 hours ago, Butzzell said:

The spy pick up or General Capture Icons only go away after the package is delivered to a friendly drome.

Yes, but now we do not need to return home for a successful ending of the mission. The spy marker appeared as it should, and the flares, flak track and everything else worked fine. The ''problem'' reported was someone trying to do the mission after it has already been done. Better mission coordination is needed, so as not to waste effort on already ''killed'' targets.

The mission in general worked fine for me and for the rest of the J2s I had been flying with. The refuel, yes that was a small problem because it gives you instantly 100% fuel.

Great job puting FiF together for FC. Respect!

No problem with finding the airfields, orientation and navigation is part of the fun.
Take that away and what fun is left for the recon, trench map and pick-up pilots? They already have an inglorious life to live.

Maybe pilots can try to use this: https://il2missionplanner.com/#arras

2hXbN1.png

14 hours ago, J5_Gamecock said:

Enemy Ace was not very aggressive. Had to get REAL close before he would engage.

Agreed.  Although it wasn't quite as much of a problem for the uber-Camel to eventually catch up to that D.VII(F?), he practically flew right over us without engaging.  Luckily he flew a rectangular pattern and stayed in his sector, so at least we didn't have to chase him all over Hell's half-acre.

9 hours ago, Heinrich said:

No problem with finding the airfields, orientation and navigation is part of the fun.
Take that away and what fun is left for the recon, trench map and pick-up pilots? They already have an inglorious life to live.

Maybe pilots can try to use this: https://il2missionplanner.com/#arras

2hXbN1.png

Just a note this is a fine planning tool. Some pilots fly VR and unfortunately using a map outside of the game is impossible, unless I'm missing something which is a possibility.

1 hour ago, Snaggle said:

Just a note this is a fine planning tool. Some pilots fly VR and unfortunately using a map outside of the game is impossible, unless I'm missing something which is a possibility.

Your right @Snaggle I don't use it in game either, only planning. With "No operation plan survives the first enemy contact" in mind I draw 2 separate lines (one N and one S) from an easy recognizable point like e.g. the city Lens or the river in 0205  and make a mental note of the 2 directions. With that I can always find back my way to the planned home base /friendly airfield. If I have enough time I put the directions in my custom_photo.dds and stick it in the cockpit.

Yeah, I know I'll have to fly without my sweetheart.😩

S! All

Locking weapon mods.

Sorry, Kinda new at some of these features.  In the past we have had "Honor rules" in which we ask people not to take certain load outs or weapons mods. With FC, the game can take care of this. It has taken me a while to figure out but available weapon mods are locked and you still get to pick what you want instead of being forced on you. Banned weapons, like the Becker are not available. This should work as the player expects. You pick what you want.  Two seater pilots can pick the bomb load that fits them best.

Please recheck the server and see if this is what you expect or if changes still need to be made.