Sign in to follow this  
Fhechene

Two bases or revive specific dead column on specific place

So, I'm doing an Slovakia campaign and I want to, at some point, make American/British columns to appear from the West side of the map. This is easy doable. However, when they die, they will spawn on the East side, as the RUbase is there. So is the solution two bases, make specific dead columns in specific places or have I forgotten something?

But I was thinking, DCG knows where a unit dies. DCG also knows where to place units on the start of the campaign: if in a master .mis, the waypoint 0 of a chief is less than 30 km (or 3 km? I don't remember) of a location, the chief starts in that location.

Oh, well. Thanks any way!!!!!

Besides, I've been reading that the Elbe was THE demarcation line between allied forces, so British/American forces were far away from Slovakia. There are only mod maps that have the Elbe river.

Anyways, a workaround would be placing some stationary armor and moving them every day or so with timetable. By the way, if I place a lot of stationary armor, would enemy chief columns move towards them or do chief columns only search for other chief columns?

Say I have a path: DEbase, point 1, point 2, ...point j, ...point n-1, point n, RUbase. RU is the attacker

Say the path between point j and RUbase is blocked between point j and point j+1. Say I place a DE column in point j. What happens? Does the column return to see if there is a point where it can move forward to RUbase or does it just stay there?

What happens if it's blocked between two points and I place a DE column between those points?

On 2/5/2020 at 1:07 AM, Lowengrin said:

Because you can't define where a dead unit respawns, there's no way to avoid this problem.  Sorry.

Again with resurrecting old threads, sorry :(

When beacheadreset is off, if a defender unit dies, it will respawn in the location of said beachhead, right? So there is a way to make a unit respawn in certain zone, right?

Sorry if it seems that I'm posting too much. I'll should check out the sunlight a little bit more, now that I think of it.

No, that's not how that command works. 

When beachhead reset is off, a defending unit at a beach will stop and defend the beach forever.

When beachhead reset is on, a defending unit at a beach will reset (return to a spawning point) if there are no enemy on the beach.